What Happened To Plumm

perryfrog

perryfrog, the venture in the following web address dominates most my Saturdays now--please visit>>>>>: www.soundworksdeejay.com

Weddings are 80% of my DJ business (as I want them to be since they pay the most) and between weddings (which can be half day/half night events), school events, reunions, Sweet 16's (which I had one of those into yesterday till 1:00 AM if you can believe those kind of hours for a Sweet 16 birthday party) and corporate events have been nice, too; anyway, between all those various events I have been fortunate to stay busy. Congrats on the Horned Frogs great season, perryfrog! Hope they can still get one of the big bowl games because they for darn sure deserve it-wish they could have played the Longhorns this Fall, eh? Many sport scribes think TCU would win that game.

And thanks fo the kind words, eulesseagle.

perryfrog, I have my Mean Green network of friends & fellow alums who keep me posted and I was quite proud of all that I heard about yesterday in Denton (although we took snatched a loss from the jaws of victory (or however that saying goes) yesterday as we seemed to have done in about 5 other games this season. I guess all the close games this season in Mean Green Country are building, uh, character for the team in green, perryfrog? :(

I saw a video clip of the game and the crowd at Fouts Field on a dismal, misty gray day & a 2 win season simply looked GREAT!

ALSO...........heard the turnout for the groundbreaking ceremony was simply (as they say) one for the books.

I defer to the words below:

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

It is good to read another (shorter than usual) epistle from the famous Jim Plummer. He is one of the good guys in the world. There has never been a better supporter of North Texas athletics.

Huff, do I owe you a lunch at Weatherford's famous Mesquite Grill on a bet years ago or something? LOL!

(Lets have lunch soon, eh? Hope your family is doing well). GMG!

PS: And I have been going to my Brevity Anonymous meetings regularly yall will all be proud to know.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Welcome back Plumm!!!!!

Rick

Hey PlummMeanGreen

Like I said, I have always enjoyed your posts. I think we have a few things in common.

I was born and raised in Weatherford. My folks still live there.

When I was about 23 years old, I moved to Denton and was a police officer there for

about 20 years. Thats when I became a fan of Mean Green football. This included the

Hayden Fry years. I joined the Mean Green Club and was active in supporting the

team.

As a Denton Police officer, I wanted a degree in Criminal Justice and North Texas or

TCU didn't offer the course work I needed at night. So I drove from Denton to Dallas

almost every night and finally got my degree from Dallas Baptist University. Only trouble

is, they don't have a football team.

Just about the time that I moved to Fort Worth, the Mean Green started playing Div II

football. Thats when I started going to TCU games here in Fort Worth.

The Mean Green still has a place in my heart. They are my second favorite team.

And, that is one reason I lurk on this board. I'm glad I asked about you, cause I

really missed your posts. Good to hear from you!!!

GO FROGS!!!!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!