Attendance?

GoMeanGreen1999

We have only won 2 games this year and Army is from West Point, an east coast school....and we hit nearly 24,000

When we have our new 28,000 seat stadium built and we play a REGIONAL RIVALRY GAME at Fouts and our football team has a winning record, we will be so screwed...lots of loss revenue, but hey at least we will have more box suites :rolleyes:

BUILD IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME 35,000 +

We have only won 2 games this year and Army is from West Point, an east coast school....and we hit nearly 24,000

When we have our new 28,000 seat stadium built and we play a REGIONAL RIVALRY GAME at Fouts and our football team has a winning record, we will be so screwed...lots of loss revenue, but hey at least we will have more box suites :rolleyes:

BUILD IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME 35,000 +

A little late to be crying about our stadium size, don't you think?

Not too late until it is built, designs change all the time as a project starts. Construction does not even start until January.

Adding 5000 seats is a pretty major change at this point in the game. Deciding that it be better to put a light switch in a slightly different spot, not so much.

Edited by UNTFan23

Adding 5000 seats is a pretty major change at this point in the game. Deciding that it be better to put a light switch in a slightly different spot, not so much.

contracts have probably already been signed off for previous amount and seating. but you can sure add 5000 or 10,000 more seats for 2012 or 2013 as needed. it only takes finding the money to build it.

Not so much, I see construction all the time in Commercial real estate. Plans change like crazy all the way up to they turn the dirt. Not ground breaking but actual ground prep in final stages. And even then some pretty big changes can happen all the way up to when the foundations are laid. And then changes can still be made, the building can be made taller, deeper, maybe they add to the foundation. Maybe we get rid of that goofy bat wing end-zone seating, for something more traditional. But it is not over until it is built.

Edited by KingDL1

Not so much, I see construction all the time in Commercial real estate. Plans change like crazy all the way up to they turn the dirt. Not ground breaking but actual ground prep in final stages. And even then some pretty big changes can happen all the way up to when the foundations are laid. And then changes can still be made, the building can be made taller, deeper, maybe they add to the foundation. Maybe we get rid of that goofy bat wing end-zone seating, for something more traditional. But it is not over until it is built.

they dont have to get bor and state approval for exceeding the approved amount of 78 mil. that would take 6 months min. and do you really see the state signing off on adding more seats before it is started?

they dont have to get bor and state approval for exceeding the approved amount of 78 mil. that would take 6 months min. and do you really see the state signing off on adding more seats before it is started?

If you remember the state didn't think it was enough, and the price will go up anyway. I really doubt that we hit the 78 million mark. After earth gets moved I think it will be easier to get through. Plus cost of construction now versus later is almost always cheaper. God I hope they kill that Bat Wing thing.

Where do people keep getting this??? Unless you have inside information, then you are incorrect.

We play them next year at West Point. Then the series resumes in 2016.

http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/archives...nd-army-se.html

Why do I have to post this everytime someone says that Army or SMU is already on our 2011 schedule?

because we're stupid and too worried about the stadium design, firing dodge, and talking about having tune be the starter to worry about future schedules and crap!

contracts have probably already been signed off for previous amount and seating. but you can sure add 5000 or 10,000 more seats for 2012 or 2013 as needed. it only takes finding the money to build it.

It won't be too hard to find the money if we can sell 28K seats a few times. And I'm not just talking about getting the money from ticket/concession sales. But getting the money from the state also