The Time Has Come To Let Dodge Go

NT03

I've tried and tried to like this man and he is a good man , but he is a terrible head college football coach. Dodge apologist I've never been , but even for those who are there is not any more excuses that could possibly even make sense on why the man should be here another year.

So many times in this game that I could point to and tell you how terribly you did your job today , but I'm so sick and do not want to waste my time.

Smart thing to do is do demote Dodge , keep him on staff let him be a recruiting cord or a qb coach or something and bring in Jeff Bower.

There is nothing that I have seen since spring practice that leads me to believe we will be any better next year. Don't let the contract end and us having to go thru yet another coaching staff as we head into the new stadium

Correct me if I'm wrong , but did they play w/ a freshman QB ? I also think this is Ellerson's 1st year is it not ? Who had more talent on the field tonight ?

No more excuses , the time has come

Edited by NT03

kinda helps if your qbdoesnt throw so many picks or if your recievers aren't fubling all over the place or if your kicker can hit an extra point, or if your line can block for a field goal etc etc etc etc etc etc....

Other than poo clock management with the two time outs at the same time before they decided to try for the field goal the loss here is not on the coach but on the players.

kinda helps if your qbdoesnt throw so many picks or if your recievers aren't fubling all over the place or if your kicker can hit an extra point, or if your line can block for a field goal etc etc etc etc etc etc....

Other than poo clock management with the two time outs at the same time before they decided to try for the field goal the loss here is not on the coach but on the players.

one game, i would agree. 5 or 6 games like that during the season? can't agree anymore.

The results of that fiasco showed he should have stuck with his gut and went for it. Our FG/PAT unit has been absolutely terrible, and it's not all on Knott.

No way. This is on coaching every step of the way. Dunbar with 13 carries at 10 yards a pop? Running Riley to ice it on 3rd and short? Delay of games out of TOs? Back to back TOs in the midst of a keystone kops routine leading to an eventual bad decision anyway? Bush league.

No way. This is on coaching every step of the way. Dunbar with 13 carries at 10 yards a pop? Running Riley to ice it on 3rd and short? Delay of games out of TOs? Back to back TOs in the midst of a keystone kops routine leading to an eventual bad decision anyway? Bush league.

Did you watch the game, or just look at the box score? It was one huge run that made it show 10 ypc. For the most part, they had Lance shut down.

There is a reason they play that way , it's the way they our coached. Can't blame this on the players ... seriously ... is that what the TD apologist are going to do now blame it on the players ?

Did you watch the game, or just look at the box score? It was one huge run that made it show 10 ypc. For the most part, they had Lance shut down.

Most RB can't get into a groove with just a handful of carries. Lance was the best athelete on the field tonight , give him 25 carries and I bet he would of broke 3 long TD runs.

Every play. And no, they didn't. He had FIVE carries in the first half, for 21 yards. FIVE carries, for a guy who has made going over 200 yards in a game commonplace. No, you just let your turnover machine QB throw dismal deep ball after dismal deep ball and fumble it all over the place.

You want to say it was just one huge run? Fine - Take away the 68 yard TD. HE STILL AVERAGED BETTER THAN 4.5 PER CARRY!!! That is not "shut down" by ANY definition, especially when you need one yard to put the game away and he's been ripping off five yard chunks all the way down the field.

Besides, even if he'd been getting 2.5 pc, Dunbar is the kind of player you stick with. You keep pounding him. He's tough and explosive as hell. That was a weak call and horrible use of talent on every level.

Edited by CaribbeanGreen

Every play. And no, they didn't. He had FIVE carries in the first half, for 21 yards. FIVE carries, for a guy who has made going over 200 yards in a game commonplace. No, you just let your turnover machine QB throw dismal deep ball after dismal deep ball and fumble it all over the place.

You want to say it was just one huge run? Fine - Take away the 68 yard TD. HE STILL AVERAGED BETTER THAN 4.5 PER CARRY!!! That is not "shut down" by ANY definition, especially when you need one yard to put the game away and he's been ripping off five yard chunks all the way down the field.

Besides, even if he'd been getting 2.5 pc, Dunbar is the kind of player you stick with. You keep pounding him. He's tough and explosive as hell. That was a weak call and horrible use of talent on every level.

The play looked like a broken play, I'm not arguing that. But implying that Lance was popping out 10-yard carries at will is awfully misleading.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98

Regardless of Lance's pyc, he should have been more of a factor. We should have been handing off to Dunbar on 1st down. You know how many times that happened in the first half? 1.

This was the Todd & Riley Dodge Show. I have this gut feeling that this was for all the marbles, to show what the Dodges can do. Well, we witnessed it.

Regardless of Lance's pyc, he should have been more of a factor. We should have been handing off to Dunbar on 1st down. You know how many times that happened in the first half? 1.

This was the Todd & Riley Dodge Show. I have this gut feeling that this was for all the marbles, to show what the Dodges can do. Well, we witnessed it.

My thoughts exactly.

Interesting that R.Dodge gave up his common 3-5 turnovers a game. he is keeping up with his quota.

This is the time to make the change ... T.D. has had 3 years.

I'd also like to see Riley as a receiver instead of QB...

I don't mind seeing Riley at QB. And i certainly don't want to lose him like others may suggest. But, i don't think he should have been playing this year. At least, after the first 4 or 5 games i felt that way. I feel sorry for Meager who got benched for doing a lot less. Tune seemed to be a much better passer to compliment dunbar's ability. Sadly, we didn't have a qb this year who go connect over 20 yards.

Edited by Travis

I don't know how I feel about changing the HC, more and more I am leaning towards removing him from that position but I am not firmly in that camp yet.

I AM however, firmly in the camp of keeping Riley as QB. The Riley and Dunbar show has a chance of being fantastic for many years to come. Besides, who do you think is going to be be QB for us if Riley moves to reciever? Also, with the new transfers coming in next year and the guys that we have seen step up this year we are pretty stacked at that position and Riley, as talented as he is, is not as good a reciever as those guys. We need him on the field and as a QB I an convinced that he is the best we have right now.

Better play calling might help with the turnovers, the 1 first down run for Lance in the first half is a stat that I can't ignore....

I don't know how I feel about changing the HC, more and more I am leaning towards removing him from that position but I am not firmly in that camp yet.

I AM however, firmly in the camp of keeping Riley as QB. The Riley and Dunbar show has a chance of being fantastic for many years to come. Besides, who do you think is going to be be QB for us if Riley moves to reciever? Also, with the new transfers coming in next year and the guys that we have seen step up this year we are pretty stacked at that position and Riley, as talented as he is, is not as good a reciever as those guys. We need him on the field and as a QB I an convinced that he is the best we have right now.

Better play calling might help with the turnovers, the 1 first down run for Lance in the first half is a stat that I can't ignore....

Those great WR transfers won't do us a bit of good if we still have a QB with a noodle arm.

Edited by UNTflyer