Playing With A Lead

gangrene

When I first heard the Dodge would be the new coach, I had a lot of concerns, but I can honestly say that one thought that never entered my mind was the notion that a Dodge-coached team would not know how to play with a lead. To take a line from ESPN's NFL Countdown show, "Come on, man!!"

bPK3cDl7Ftw

Watch the video above as Buddy Ryan shares his opinion of play selection with Kevin Gilbride.

It's funny, funny in a sad way, but funny.

Three times this year our team had a lead, was clearly dominating the opponent, and seemed like it was in position to start to put the game away, and then threw the dreaded Pick Six which changed the momentum of the game.

We would all be here discussing the marked improvement this year and possible bowl invitations if we don't throw those 3 interceptions.

Guest GrayEagleOne

bPK3cDl7Ftw

Watch the video above as Buddy Ryan shares his opinion of play selection with Kevin Gilbride.

It's funny, funny in a sad way, but funny.

Three times this year our team had a lead, was clearly dominating the opponent, and seemed like it was in position to start to put the game away, and then threw the dreaded Pick Six which changed the momentum of the game.

We would all be here discussing the marked improvement this year and possible bowl invitations if we don't throw those 3 interceptions.

I hear you but I'm not sure that we wouldn't have found another way to lose. There have been other bad play selections that could've snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

I hear you but I'm not sure that we wouldn't have found another way to lose. There have been other bad play selections that could've snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

True, but these are examples of giving the game away. All three of those games would have been won with a sustained running drive, or even a conservative pass where interceptions weren't likely. Sure the opponent probably made a good move on each, but the play selection gave them that opportunity.