I'm Still Not Freaking Out.

That's kind of my point. If Ford wasn't the OC and someone else was, I think that someone else might be able to convince Dodge.

Of course, I could be wrong. It could be that loss after loss after loss hasn't sunk in with Dodge and he really does believe no changes need to be made. If that's the case...just clean 'em all out, hire Eric Russell, who is currently making about $100k less than Dodge as Texas Tech's ST coach. He'd get a pay raise, and we'd get someone in here who has experience at this level and at this program.

See this one of the things that is so incredibly shocking to me.....after 29 losses in just under three seasons he still doesn't appear to get that something is horribly wrong. I mean he didn't just start coaching.

Guest GrayEagleOne

I wish I could say that I'm not freaking out. I'm old and gray too, but I'm impatient because I don't have enough years left to start over again and this coaching staff just isn't working out.

The talent is pretty much there but they are just not well coached. Mistakes, to me, are mostly the results of poor coaching/lack of preparation. Individuals tend to make the same mistakes in the game that they make in practice. The play-calling sucks. FIU's defense won this game for them. Our defense was a little better but forced no turnovers, same as it's been all year.

Frankly, if it were not for the fact that the next game's against Army and the new stadium is being dedicated I'd pack it in for this year. I hate to say it but I won't be back next year either. Let me qualify that. I'll be back if there's a new coach or after Dodge wins six games. I'm too old, tired, and drained to continue as is. I'll try to continue giving to the Mean Green Club but that's it for next year.

Having said all that, I still believe that the Mean Green will eventually improve their record and attendance. I expect them to go to a higher profile conference but I'm afraid that it'll take longer than I had hoped for.

See this one of the things that is so incredibly shocking to me.....after 29 losses in just under three seasons he still doesn't appear to get that something is horribly wrong. I mean he didn't just start coaching.

He has never been a head coach at the D1 level and apparently for many on this board that is enough to justify his ineptitude for the past 3 years. Let him get some more college experience and then go to the pros for a decade and then maybe we should now expect him to win more than 6 games in 3 years

He has never been a head coach at the D1 level and apparently for many on this board that is enough to justify his ineptitude for the past 3 years. Let him get some more college experience and then go to the pros for a decade and then maybe we should now expect him to win more than 6 games in 3 years

Lets be clear here I said you can't compare Jones to Dodge. There is about a 1.75 million dollar difference there!

I never said we could not have made a better choice, no matter who we picked there would have been risk, because there was no way in hell we were stealing away a winning head coach that for sure knows how to get it done. Dodge probably was the most risky choice we had.

I wish I could say that I'm not freaking out. I'm old and gray too, but I'm impatient because I don't have enough years left to start over again and this coaching staff just isn't working out.

The talent is pretty much there but they are just not well coached. Mistakes, to me, are mostly the results of poor coaching/lack of preparation. Individuals tend to make the same mistakes in the game that they make in practice. The play-calling sucks. FIU's defense won this game for them. Our defense was a little better but forced no turnovers, same as it's been all year.

Frankly, if it were not for the fact that the next game's against Army and the new stadium is being dedicated I'd pack it in for this year. I hate to say it but I won't be back next year either. Let me qualify that. I'll be back if there's a new coach or after Dodge wins six games. I'm too old, tired, and drained to continue as is. I'll try to continue giving to the Mean Green Club but that's it for next year.

Having said all that, I still believe that the Mean Green will eventually improve their record and attendance. I expect them to go to a higher profile conference but I'm afraid that it'll take longer than I had hoped for.

When GrayEagleOne (professional and gentleman that he is) starts using terms like this, our program is in deep trouble.

There was a thread at the beginning of the year that was titled something like "Why I want Dodge to succeed". My contribution to the "I-want-Dodge-to-succeed" thread was very pragmatic. I suggested that if Dodge did not succeed this year, we would be in the middle of a new coaching hunt, our program would lose a lot of border-line fans, and the credibility of the people in the athletic department (or administrators) who made the decision to hire Coach Dodge would be seriously compromised. I sure hope that this is not coming to pass..... but it's really starting to look that way.

Especially when someone who has been a fan since about 1947 is starting to lose faith. Hang in there Jack.

When GrayEagleOne (professional and gentleman that he is) starts using terms like this, our program is in deep trouble.

There was a thread at the beginning of the year that was titled something like "Why I want Dodge to succeed". My contribution to the "I-want-Dodge-to-succeed" thread was very pragmatic. I suggested that if Dodge did not succeed this year, we would be in the middle of a new coaching hunt, our program would lose a lot of border-line fans, and the credibility of the people in the athletic department (or administrators) who made the decision to hire Coach Dodge would be seriously compromised. I sure hope that this is not coming to pass..... but it's really starting to look that way.

Especially when someone who has been a fan since about 1947 is starting to lose faith. Hang in there Jack.

Damn, that's the year I was born! That's a long time to be a fan. What can we do to help, Jack?

Come on and let's suffer through the last two games. We might be pleasantly surprised. Let's see if we can pull it out

vs. Army next week. It seems as if Army can't stop the pass, so maybe we have a chance.

GO MEAN GREEN

Well, that sounds familiar, and when I predicted a defense free football game with Western Kentucky, I was right for only 3 quarters, and enjoyed the result. Hard to believe that was just a little over 2 weeks ago. Now, I'm reminiscing about the more distant past, and predicting another offensive shootout with another service academy. I hope the result is differerent this time. You know something I remember from then that Navy (and before that MTSU) had that I thought was cool, was a rugby style (sprint out) punting play. I want us to try that.