Tcu Is The Best Team In Texas

Anyone who argues different is judging based on what's on the side of the helmet and not on the field. Sadly, they'll prove it AGAIN in one of the "pat the kid brother on the head" BCS games and it won't matter cuz they won't let them eat at the adult table.

I think they will get in with a UT loss to the aggs.

your hatred for TU is causing dementia......i like the tCU story but...please

Tell me then what UT has done to prove they are better. Play in the Big XII? And who in the Big XII have they beaten...let's see:

OU- Lost to BYU. On a neutral field. (No, Sam Bradford didn't play that game. He played longer than he did against Texas though). TCU slaughtered BYU @ BYU.

OSU- Yes, UT beat up the cowboys...without Dez Bryant. Houston beat that same OSU team...and Dez Bryant played. Wanna tell me TCU wouldn't pimp slap Houston? Or that they wouldn't beat OSU?

Texas Tech- See above, another Houston victim.

Wanna prop up their blowout today of a Robert Griffin-less Baylor?

Who, who at all, has Texas beaten who had something more impressive than the patch on their jersey going for them?

"If TCU played in the Big XII they wouldn't go undefeated"! Really? Based on what?

utah was a paper tiger - tcu will lose to bama or florida. tide will not get caught with their pants down again - nice story in fort worth but lets not get ahead of ourselves - would not thrive like this in another conference.

utah was a paper tiger - tcu will lose to bama or florida. tide will not get caught with their pants down again - nice story in fort worth but lets not get ahead of ourselves - would not thrive like this in another conference.

You may be right but I really think that TCU is better than Texas right now and would beat them head to head. I do not think it is out of the possibility to think that TCU can beat Florida or Alabama. Remember Bama was supposed to crush Utah last year but it turned out to be the complete opposite. People want to say that the Tide had their guard down but why can't people just admit that Utah was a better team than Bama? If they let their guard down then they shouldn't have deserved any bowl invitation. I think what we are seeing right now is a little bit of an overrating of the SEC and underrating the MWC and especially TCU. Just my opinion.

You may be right but I really think that TCU is better than Texas right now and would beat them head to head. I do not think it is out of the possibility to think that TCU can beat Florida or Alabama. Remember Bama was supposed to crush Utah last year but it turned out to be the complete opposite. People want to say that the Tide had their guard down but why can't people just admit that Utah was a better team than Bama? If they let their guard down then they shouldn't have deserved any bowl invitation. I think what we are seeing right now is a little bit of an overrating of the SEC and underrating the MWC and especially TCU. Just my opinion.

in a "let down because we did not make the BCS championship game..maybe"...in a mid-season game...gimma a break.Bama. Florida and TU would beat TCU by at least 10 +...IMO

Tell me then what UT has done to prove they are better. Play in the Big XII? And who in the Big XII have they beaten...let's see:

OU- Lost to BYU. On a neutral field. (No, Sam Bradford didn't play that game. He played longer than he did against Texas though). TCU slaughtered BYU @ BYU.

OSU- Yes, UT beat up the cowboys...without Dez Bryant. Houston beat that same OSU team...and Dez Bryant played. Wanna tell me TCU wouldn't pimp slap Houston? Or that they wouldn't beat OSU?

Texas Tech- See above, another Houston victim.

Wanna prop up their blowout today of a Robert Griffin-less Baylor?

Who, who at all, has Texas beaten who had something more impressive than the patch on their jersey going for them?

"If TCU played in the Big XII they wouldn't go undefeated"! Really? Based on what?

UCF just beat Houston, ....Tu beat UCF...we could go on and on until UNT is in the BCS ....wait a minute..WKU still hasnt won...nevermind

UCF just beat Houston, ....Tu beat UCF...we could go on and on until UNT is in the BCS ....wait a minute..WKU still hasnt won...nevermind

So you're arguing that UT is better than Houston? I agree. Again, who has UT beaten that legitimizes the "they play in the Big XII therefore they so much tougher a road to travel" argument. My contention is that the one word answer is...nobody.

So you're arguing that UT is better than Houston? I agree. Again, who has UT beaten that legitimizes the "they play in the Big XII therefore they so much tougher a road to travel" argument. My contention is that the one word answer is...nobody.

Week in week out, a Big XII schedule is far more demanding than a Mountain West schedule. Yeah, BYU and Utah are pretty good wins, but TCU had UNLV and San Diego State in between. Texas beat OU, Mizzou, and OSU back-to-back-to-back. TCU never has a stretch nearly as difficult on their schedule.

Week in week out, a Big XII schedule is far more demanding than a Mountain West schedule. Yeah, BYU and Utah are pretty good wins, but TCU had UNLV and San Diego State in between. Texas beat OU, Mizzou, and OSU back-to-back-to-back. TCU never has a stretch nearly as difficult on their schedule.

And why is that stretch deemed "difficult"? Because they're Big XII teams who are assumed to be quality. OU- starting QB and all-American TE missing. Mizzou- Maclin and Chase Daniel gone. OSU- no Dez Bryant. All three are shadows of what they were even last year, yet all get the benefit of the circular argument, "Team X is good because they beat Big XII competition and that competition was good because they play in the Big XII". Is the Big XII better top to bottom than the MWC? Probably. Most years. This idea that simply playing teams with a Big XII patch makes you superior is based on too much supposition though. Would TCU run the table against THIS YEAR'S Big XII. I don't see any ON FIELD evidence that says the answer is no.

I don't see any ON FIELD evidence that says the answer is no.

And you haven't seen any on field evidence that says the answer is yes, because they do not play those opponents each week. If you think UNLV and San Diego State are comparably opponents to Mizzou and OSU, well . . . well, I'm sure you know they're not. Listen, this argument can go in circles until doomsday, and we will never know the answer until the best teams get to play each other.

And you haven't seen any on field evidence that says the answer is yes, because they do not play those opponents each week. If you think UNLV and San Diego State are comparably opponents to Mizzou and OSU, well . . . well, I'm sure you know they're not. Listen, this argument can go in circles until doomsday, and we will never know the answer until the best teams get to play each other.

Maybe not OSU and Mizzou but not much different than Baylor, Iowa St, or Colorado

no I am arguing that if TCU played Ou, Tu, OSU etc...or Tenn, UGA, UF, Bama etc...they would still be good (top20) but would slip up and lose at least one game maybe two.........

Despite the supposed difference in conference strength, TCU has beaten more currently ranked teams than UT. Also, speaking of conferences, Colorado State is 0-6 and tied for last place in MWC play, yet they beat Colorado...on the road. Maybe it's UT that couldn't survive a schedule against BYU, Utah, Air Force, and the like. Ha!...just something to think about.

And why is that stretch deemed "difficult"? Because they're Big XII teams who are assumed to be quality. OU- starting QB and all-American TE missing. Mizzou- Maclin and Chase Daniel gone. OSU- no Dez Bryant. All three are shadows of what they were even last year, yet all get the benefit of the circular argument, "Team X is good because they beat Big XII competition and that competition was good because they play in the Big XII". Is the Big XII better top to bottom than the MWC? Probably. Most years. This idea that simply playing teams with a Big XII patch makes you superior is based on too much supposition though. Would TCU run the table against THIS YEAR'S Big XII. I don't see any ON FIELD evidence that says the answer is no.

For some reason people just can't comprehend that what has been traditionally "true" isn't necessarily true now...

Based on what I've SEEN, tcu is the real deal.

same scenarios in the past....

Utah would have given a game to ANYBODY last year, including the almighty florida, OU, ut, or texas tech. What they did to Alabama was very convincing. Are you going to ignore this?

Utah from a couple of years ago would have hung with anybody that year when a-hole urban meyer lead them to a victory over pittsburg. Do you remember how dominant they were with Alex Smith at the helm there?

Boise State finished one of the best college football games I have ever seen beating OU, who was supposedly going to drill them. Remember, they didn't have a chance before this game started?

Who is to say that tcu wouldn't do the same thing with anybody? to ignore the recent past and tcu's resume this year is comical.

You can want tradition to hold true all you want...or want tradition to not hold true... whatever your stance. You are probably not going to change your mind. Admitedly, I root for the "little guy"(even though I think this is a very outdated outlook on college football) since I went to school at UNT and still hold out hope that we will get our s together and build a program.

In conclusion, I believe Emmitt is absolutely correct in saying that the on the field resume for TCU is as impressive as they come. To say anything less would be basing opinion on preconceived notions regarding how the traditionally powerful conferences are supposedly still superior...and nothing more. If you want to believe this, go ahead, but I personally would giggle at anybody clinging to what they think they know about traditionally who is better than who and ignoring the evidence before us.

Do you also think the yankees didn't buy a championship last year? Just crazy talk...

go mean green...go ground breaking...go stadium...go stuff good for unt...

TCU has beat better opponents, more convincingly, than Texas has ths year. Unless they play, we will never know who is the better team, but with the extremely weak little 11 and big 1, and the emergence of the Mountain West as the better conference this year, I think the argument of the better team tilts steeply toward TCU.