Game Tonight

Mad Hatter

Looks like our coaching staff made some great half time adjustments. 28 first half points, no second half points.

that is the reason why Dodge must go...goes all the way back to the second game of his regime vs SMU....he is either so arrogant he wont adjust or stupid...either way it is time to go......

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely. We'll both be there, and we'd love to see you.

I'll look forward and up to it. And by the way, I don't see tonight's game as a complete waste; the friend of the family (my manager's family), Tevinn Cantly, seems to have played a good game, was at least in on a sack.

Edited by eulessismore

Remember when the Army game looked exciting and a must see! could this groundbreaking situation be happening in a more dire state?

what a shame - we didn't have to be here - but here we are - a crossroads: a tragic past and an unknown future.

GRV

Remember when the Army game looked exciting and a must see! could this groundbreaking situation be happening in a more dire state?

what a shame - we didn't have to be here - but here we are - a crossroads: a tragic past and an unknown future.

GRV

Well, my plans are to be there. Hey, it's been tough, and there's not much to say. I think there was better defensive line play tonight, and I see those guys as being among the hardest to recruit. As I've already mentioned, Tevinn Cantly seemed to have a good night, as well as some of the other D-linemen. I think they've finally figured out that Cantly belongs in the middle; we should have him for another 3 years.

Edited by eulessismore

1 - 1 @ best

Arkansas State's DEF will smother us much like Monroe's DEF

You have to wonder with what happended in Ft Hood and the game being so close to the situation if it will bring out more troops and give their football team more of a desire to win this game... I mean we have no desire or nothing really to play for do we ??

1 - 1 @ best

You have to wonder with what happended in Ft Hood and the game being so close to the situation if it will bring out more troops and give their football team more of a desire to win this game... I mean we have no desire or nothing really to play for do we ??

I've never really known how much most soldiers identify with West Point or Army football, but I was a mere draftee, serving here in the U.S.A. towards the end of the Vietnam war, so maybe it's different now. I've pointed out in another thread that it would be good for the Athletic Department to make as good as an event as they can out of the Army game, for the reasons you've mentioned. I think it would be hard for us to look at it this way at this point, but sports events can serve as a welcome distraction in times marred by national tragedy; thus the stated reason for the NFL to continue with its full schedule on the Sunday after the Kennedy assassination (not trying to draw too much of a parallel there, just pointing it out as an example of the "useful distraction".

Also, if North Texas fans could put aside some of their (dare I say this) grieving over this season, I think we could better serve ourselves as fans and perhaps provide a good example to our team that we can be part of something bigger than ourselves at times, which can make us each, and as a group, a little bigger. I'm concerned that focusing too much on the negative aspects of the season up to this point (yes, there is still some important part of it to play) can have a negative impact of the performance of our team. It's good to have a sense of urgency, and to be focused on what needs to be done, but there is something about losing that can be self perpetuating; sort of that sense of "oh no, here we go again". I kind of wondered if there wasn't something of that in the possessions following the pick six, with the fumble and the blocked punt.

And I'm not really any kind of gung-ho military minded individual, closer to being the opposite; just happened to have drafted into service at one point. I would like however, for any of the Army family who is in Denton for the first time, to leave with a sense of having been well received (except for what happens on the football field).

Edited by eulessismore

1 - 1 @ best

It would be a shame if we had no desire, because we do have things to play for:

1.) By most accounts, it's a winnable game.

2.) To win more games in this season than in either of the last two.

3.) To equal the win total for the last two years, making it possible to win more than the last two years combined.

4.) To make ourselves more attractive to recruits.

5.) To generate interest in our new stadium.