Rv Football Record

Pen Yan Fan

That's a pretty bold statement.

I can read the server logs, I see where 99% of the traffic goes to. I know when we posted stories on other sports, no one read them.

Now I was using a little hyperbole, but I am willing to be most people on this board have been to several football games over the years, and have been to very few if any other games.

We had some terrible teams in other sports when we won the NO bowl, or beat Baylor at Fouts, no one posted about them.

ETA: I had a poll back on the MGR, when I asked if anyone would pay extra to get people to cover those sports and take photos, the results were pretty clear.

PYF doesn't know what's he's typing about.

DD only got a contract extension after he won the second New Orleans Bowl. RV always had DD on a short leash, putting in on notice in 2001 and firing him as soon as possible mid-way through the the 06 season. And 5 years contracts are the norm.

Not only are five year contracts the norm, but rolling five year contracts. When a coach goes to visit a recruit, he can say he has a contract good through that kids playing time.

Furthermore, giving DD several raises was an effort to make the NT Head Football coach a position that payed at least comparably to D1 coaches at programs within the conference. Before we were quite a bit lower. Those raises made it possible to have to a much smaller percentage increase in salary when Dodge came in. The small percentage raise is politically easier to get through the university.

Basically, the entire premise of this thread is incorrect.

Not only are five year contracts the norm, but rolling five year contracts. When a coach goes to visit a recruit, he can say he has a contract good through that kids playing time.

Furthermore, giving DD several raises was an effort to make the NT Head Football coach a position that payed at least comparably to D1 coaches at programs within the conference. Before we were quite a bit lower. Those raises made it possible to have to a much smaller percentage increase in salary when Dodge came in. The small percentage raise is politically easier to get through the university.

Basically, the entire premise of this thread is incorrect.

A very straightforward +1 for everything.

Math doesn't have to be hard, people.