Rv Football Record

Pen Yan Fan

And, what about that record in basketball, soccer, volleyball, softball, track, cross country, golf, swimming, diving, etc., etc. The AD has much more to deal with than one program...even if that program is one of the biggest. If I am evaluating an AD, I would look across the board at all sports, all academic issues, all gender issues, development and fundraising issues, etc., etc. And, yes, that includes the hiring (and firing) of coaches and "other" dept. personnel. All of this with an eye to the budget issues the AD is working with during his/her tenure.

Records are important, make no mistake about that, but other factors play in my evaluation as well. That being said, what is RV's record in football W's and L's since arriving?

And, what about that record in basketball, soccer, volleyball, softball, track, cross country, golf, swimming, diving, etc., etc. The AD has much more to deal with than one program...even if that program is one of the biggest. If I am evaluating an AD, I would look across the board at all sports, all academic issues, all gender issues, development and fundraising issues, etc., etc. And, yes, that includes the hiring (and firing) of coaches and "other" dept. personnel. All of this with an eye to the budget issues the AD is working with during his/her tenure.

Records are important, make no mistake about that, but other factors play in my evaluation as well. That being said, what is RV's record in football W's and L's since arriving?

Well I know volleyball, women's basketball and softball are terrible under RV. I have no idea about the other sports. So what is the record?

I want to see how long we can not look up the record. So my question is - what isn't the record?

Quoner, if you would get off this board and get some work done during "normal hours" you might not have to work until 10:00pm and you could make the BB game tonight...just saying...me, slow day and I am all alone at the office today, so I can stay on and poke fun at you! :lol::lol:

Guest JohnDenver

While RV has been the AD, our debate team has ranked #1 in mock trials and beat Harvard straight up. Our ACS programming team placed in the top 10 some of el33t programming competition.

Quoner, if you would get off this board and get some work done during "normal hours" you might not have to work until 10:00pm and you could make the BB game tonight...just saying...me, slow day and I am all alone at the office today, so I can stay on and poke fun at you! :lol::lol:

At first I thought about mocking you for the idea that wanting it bad enough would somehow cancel meetings that had to happen after 7 p.m., but then I realized that is exactly how you approach being a football fan.

Therefore, I am going to consider these meetings canceled due to my new-found positive attitude. Look out, sunshine station, I'm a-pullin' in!

Guest GrayEagleOne

Kram, this is Texas. I am sure 99% of this board would prefer to lose every single game in every other sport as long as the football team got to a BCS bowl.

Personally, if we were in the top 20 in all other sports I would forego getting to a BCS bowl for a few years as long as we go to a bowl somewhere.

The only thing RV gets credit for in my book is bringing Tailgating, which was a no-brainer....

From what I heard, we were competitive enough when we were competing against UTEP, LaTech for the coveted CUSA invitation.

That was the worst thing to happen to NT athletics since SMU blocked us from entering the SWC

Softball has been bad, Women's B-all has been average to below, hopefully the new coach will quit running off players so we can be competitive, tennis stunk until Lama came in 3 years ago (in 2001 we were Even with Denver in Tennis, now they are Top 40 consistently), Volleyball is bad, Golf has been bad, Football has only had 3 winning seasons, Cross Country and Track are average, Swimming is improving.

Basically only 2 good hires in Lama and JJ. Was Hedlund already here? Stephens is a toss-up.

Add in that RV's squad does not communicate well, gets marketing materials out late and no quarterly meetings, I would say his job rating would be a C-

Softball has been bad, Women's B-all has been average to below, hopefully the new coach will quit running off players so we can be competitive, tennis stunk until Lama came in 3 years ago (in 2001 we were Even with Denver in Tennis, now they are Top 40 consistently), Volleyball is bad, Golf has been bad, Football has only had 3 winning seasons, Cross Country and Track are average, Swimming is improving.

Basically only 2 good hires in Lama and JJ. Was Hedlund already here? Stephens is a toss-up.

Add in that RV's squad does not communicate well, gets marketing materials out late and no quarterly meetings, I would say his job rating would be a C-

Don't recall when Hedlund arrived, but pretty darn good record...pretty darn good coach. Softball is much better than it has been...as is golf and tennis. Women's BB will get better...give Stephens a chance to get the team she wants and then let's rate her performance. Volleyball, well, might could see some improvement there too, but don't know that much about the program.

Edited by KRAM1

Don't recall when Hedlund arrived, but pretty darn good record...pretty darn good coach. Softball is much better than it has been...as is golf and tennis. Women's BB will get better...give Stephens a chance to get the team she wants and then let's rate her performance. Volleyball, well, might could see some improvement there too, but don't know that much about the program.

Hedlund was here way before RV. And Cassie Headrick (volleyball) was a Helwig hire.

I think RV and Gretchen are both miracle workers for getting this stadium deal rolling. (especially in this current economy).

Edited by SUMG

Hedlund was here way before RV. And Cassie Headrick (volleyball) was a Helwig hire.

I think RV and Gretchen are both miracle workers for getting this stadium deal rolling. (especially in this current economy).

I completely agree with this last sentence. Seriously, we couldn't build a new stadium, even though we needed one for decades. Then, during the worst economic year the country has seen in 70+ years, the stadium deal gets passed. Whether RV and GB were vocal or not vocal about it all last year, the fact remains they wanted it badly to pass. RV may have some black marks on his record, but he has to be the best AD this university has ever seen. I still think that another school will come along and hire him away after all of the facility and financial improvements he has led during his tenure.

The only thing RV gets credit for in my book is bringing Tailgating, which was a no-brainer....

From what I heard, we were competitive enough when we were competing against UTEP, LaTech for the coveted CUSA invitation.

That was the worst thing to happen to NT athletics since SMU blocked us from entering the SWC

What are you talking about?