Our Replacement

StealthEagle84

My top choice would be Jeff Bower. This man would be the perfect fit for our university. He has led a mid-major program to sustained success, leading Southern Miss to 14 straight winning seasons and going to a bowl game 10 of 11 seasons. There is also the USM tie between Bower and Villarreal. From what I've heard, Bower really wants to get back into coaching. Apparently, his contract with USM wouldn't allow him to coach again for a few years unless he wanted to give up his salary. I think that waiting period is now over. If he really wants to get back into coaching, I would say he is just what the University of North Texas could use.

If we were to make a change in the short term, I'd rather the Head Coach be DeLoach. I want to know if he's got it in him. I think he is an outstanding coach and I believe that if he could run practice his way, the intensity that is missing would finally show up, and then bring in a solid College Offensive Coordinator to replace Dodge.

...that being said, I don't think there will be a new coach next year. ...so I'm going to spend my effort hoping (against hope, I'm starting to feel) that TD learns that unless he opens up practice and turns it into a battle every day and puts away the "we're a family, group hug" mentality, he's not going to get this team prepared to play at this level. He also needs an experienced D1 OC to help him adjust.

If we were to make a change in the short term, I'd rather the Head Coach be DeLoach. I want to know if he's got it in him. I think he is an outstanding coach and I believe that if he could run practice his way, the intensity that is missing would finally show up, and then bring in a solid College Offensive Coordinator to replace Dodge.

...that being said, I don't think there will be a new coach next year. ...so I'm going to spend my effort hoping (against hope, I'm starting to feel) that TD learns that unless he opens up practice and turns it into a battle every day and puts away the "we're a family, group hug" mentality, he's not going to get this team prepared to play at this level. He also needs an experienced D1 OC to help him adjust.

I understand that Deloach does not want to be a head coach, that is why he has not been one at this point. He also does not recruit on the road, your head coach has got to set the pace and the example. I want a head coach who will recruit.

That said, I do agree Deloach has probably had to contain himself which he did not have to do before here. I think if you have an assistant on his staff, then you should have the confidence in him to allow him to be himself. Defense is the emotional side of a team, I say let Deloach be himself.

I understand that Deloach does not want to be a head coach, that is why he has not been one at this point. He also does not recruit on the road, your head coach has got to set the pace and the example. I want a head coach who will recruit.

That said, I do agree Deloach has probably had to contain himself which he did not have to do before here. I think if you have an assistant on his staff, then you should have the confidence in him to allow him to be himself. Defense is the emotional side of a team, I say let Deloach be himself.

Deloach put in his app to be SFA's head coach before he came here

Im not so sure, I for one am tired of the 8 yard cusions and arm tackles.