Apathy For The Mean Green

RETSO

Apathy has set in ..........use to try to reschedule or maneuver my Saturday family events around the UNT games.....not so much this year...i am a alumni and 10 year season ticket holder and I have been to exactly 1.5 games this season (Ohio and half of WKU).....plus my annual road trip game was canceled this year as well.....not this year for the first time in 12 years......

It is the lack of competiveness that is killing me.....

I will be at the Army game for one last hurrah....something has to change and if it means no more season tickets so be it.....

Go mean Green

Edited by RETSO

I'll give you apathy - no Monday Morning Recap today.

What the deuce???? No recap? I dont believe it?, you've mailed it in? You've become the monster you once fought so bravely. Taking the easy way out. It's a sad day indeed... So I guess we'll see you at the Army game, telling stories about the day you ALMOST got a date with Tina Yothers, and your Lobster-Tail is terribly grilled and needs more butter? I'll bring you chocolate for dessert... not that French-Swiss wussy imported stuff you must be used to, but the kind of chocolate eaten by men. Bitter-sweet with a touch of reality! I guess the saying is true. The pressure gets to some, while others rise to the challenge.

Can you hear it?... TAPS being played somewhere in Denton. The mighty Q has left the building...

GMG!!!

SHAME!!!!! and we wonder why people walk out on the games in the 4th quarter. What is the buyout clause like in Quoner's contract? I say we start a fund. WHO'S WITH ME?

It's not because I'm jumping ship, just taking on a large work product and there's really not much to report. Same people are mad and same people are crazy. You don't need me to tell you that.

I'm not done, and Ill keep going. But this time for the first time in a LONG while, I left before the game was over. My wife and I were planning to hook up with some friends, and while I had certainly planned to meet them enough time after the game to allow me to stay through and spend a little time talking to friends, I just told my wife "I'm done for today" and we headed out to have a good evening with friends. I just didn't want to watch the last quarter knowing it would be like the first 3. ...foolishly, I turned on the radio in the car, hoping to be surprised, but you knew how that went.

...I'm going to the Stars game on the 19th (I split season tickets with my partners, but I grabbed that game for sure) and I'll be at the Army game, but it is getting hard to watch and keep the faith at this point.

Translation: I am now writing a recap on hornfans.com

:shocking:

I finally got a gig as lead editor of the Bleacher Report. My first item of business was to have a court reporter narrate a post-buffalo wing crap while finding places to insert key phrases about North Texas football. The board will be posting and debating it within the hour -- WE NEED THOSE PAGEVIEWS!!!!

I hope RV is taking note, because apathy is the worst attitude people can have.

My friend a UNT Alumni not a die hard had my North Texas/Mean Green Flag flying from his flag pole, he took it down this weekend in embarrassment and gave it back to me today. It was a nice high profile spot on Marsh Lane in Dallas.

Guest JohnDenver

My friend a UNT Alumni not a die hard had my North Texas/Mean Green Flag flying from his flag pole, he took it down this weekend in embarrassment and gave it back to me today. It was a nice high profile spot on Marsh Lane in Dallas.

Ouch.

That was one of the worst games I have ever seen in my 23 years of following Mean Green football and it was because it was home. Talk about uninspired play. Our guys looked like they were sleepwalking. Again have not seen before my eyes the Mean Green win in like 4 years or something like that. I keep picking the non-western kentucky game - darn me!

The tailgating lot was empty compared to Sep & Oct games. I showed up 15 mins before game time and landed a $10 slot. Even the attendants looked bored and sad they had to take my money. Gosh the juice is off this situation. I don't even think SLC people are showing up anymore. So glad my tailgate friends decided not to go because the whole event reminded of that crazy Tuesday night affair a few years back against Troy. Remember how random that game seemed? At least we won 21-0 if my memory serves me right.

Oh well - now I go for the Green Brigade and to see some old friends.

See you at the groudbreaking and Army - 1 more tragic fireworks show followed by the best Green Brigade closing song ever!

GMG