Normally I Am Optimistic..

Guest JohnDenver

This game doesn't leave me with much left in my half full cup.

I am still waiting for Adams to look back on some coverages. Still waiting.

As a well known member of this board said to me while we watched the secondary get beat, "How about putting a hand up.. when will they teach that? It's not that hard of a skill anyone can do it."

Edited by filmerj

As a well known member of this board said to me while we watched the secondary get beat, "How about putting a hand up.. when will they teach that? It's not that hard of a skill anyone can do it."

faceguarding is not a penalty in college like it is in pros. the secondary needs major help but small techniques like that would help in the short term.

Guest JohnDenver

Did you know that Notre Dame is 3-16 versus teams with winning records since 2007? That is insane.

There is a small window between terrible and ND level of play. Sure, we won't get the BCS love and be ranked like them, but still.. I would love to 3-16. Hell, 1-15 looks good.

This game doesn't leave me with much left in my half full cup.

I am still waiting for Adams to look back on some coverages. Still waiting.

Tired of harping on it.... but wouldn't a great defensive coordinator's secondary turn to look for the ball once or twice a game. I guess you could argue that the players are too dumb or suborn, but come on...

Tired of harping on it.... but wouldn't a great defensive coordinator's secondary turn to look for the ball once or twice a game. I guess you could argue that the players are too dumb or suborn, but come on...

It would of also help if on certain plays our DBs didn't play 12-15 yards off the slot WR. All of our DEF coaches are bad , but our secondary coach is probably one of the worst in the nation.

What made it even harder to watch yesterday , Monroe DB Nate Brown from Burkburnett had a solid game. The kid wanted to come to UNT to play DI ball and stay close to home. Never even got a letter or a look from our coaching staff

this is a dumb reply fishing to blame Dodge...Defence is Deloach

I'm sure the comment was originally made in jest. The hilarity, is that both units were equally as poor against Monroe. It's pointless to argue over who's fault it is. Special Teams, Offense, Defense... they were all suspect.

I'm sure the comment was originally made in jest. The hilarity, is that both units were equally as poor against Monroe. It's pointless to argue over who's fault it is. Special Teams, Offense, Defense... they were all suspect.

Hey, I did listen to Todd Dodge's postgame show, where he said as much; actually, he also admitted to it being his fault for the coaching end of what he called "losing as a team". I did find it interesting that he said the team "expected to win". I guess I can understand that, maybe in comparison to playing Alabama, but I don't see what would make our team expect to win. I question that whole mentality; I'd rather coaches avoid expecting to win or lose. I have no problem with losing, but I have to agree with the opinion expressed by my dear departed Mother who said once about the Cowboys, "I hate to see them play badly".