Sketchy Reports

UNTflyer

Hope it's not true, but it looks like he had a severely broken neck on a TD run, and he was carted off the field with an oxygen mask.

Where did you hear this? If this was anyone other than you and maybe a half dozen other people, I wouldn't give it much credence, but I'm sure you heard it somewhere.

I switched to the Cal/OSU game, their people just said he was being transported... Nothing on ESPN or Google News. Was this a report from another broadcast?

I'm sure you heard it or read it somewhere... Just curious where.

Where did you hear this? If this was anyone other than you and maybe a half dozen other people, I wouldn't give it much credence, but I'm sure you heard it somewhere.

I switched to the Cal/OSU game, their people just said he was being transported... Nothing on ESPN or Google News. Was this a report from another broadcast?

I'm sure you heard it or read it somewhere... Just curious where.

I can't find anything about it on their message boards other than he was injured and carted off.

It popped up on one of my 30 sports RSS feeds, and I think it was ESPN but not sure. But now I don't see it. Latest I'm reading now says he suffered a "major injury". That was a horrifying play - the guy fell on his neck and just lied there on the ground with a 1000-mile stare.

Mods, please please change the title or delete this thread entirely - because now I feel like a jerk and we don't need Google archiving this.

It popped up on one of my 30 sports RSS feeds, and I think it was ESPN but not sure. But now I don't see it. Latest I'm reading now says he suffered a "major injury". That was a horrifying play - the guy fell on his neck and just lied there on the ground with a 1000-mile stare.

Mods, please please change the title or delete this thread entirely - because now I feel like a jerk and we don't need Google archiving this.

You're not a jerk. Like I said, you're one guy I know wouldn't post something like this inappropriately. I don't think anyone is going to think less of you... I didn't even know the guy had been hurt until I saw this thread.

If he really did pass away, ESPN may have realized the mistake of reporting this before family notification and pulled the report. Or they just could have screwed up initially. I'll feel better when there is an official announcement.

Is this game on TV?

If he really did pass away, ESPN may have realized the mistake of reporting this before family notification and pulled the report. Or they just could have screwed up initially. I'll feel better when there is an official announcement.

Is this game on TV?

The game is on TV if you have DirecTV. And they just announced coming back from halftime that he has a concussion AND MOVEMENT in all of his extremities. Which is in itself incredible if you watch the play.

http://www.sbnation.com/2009/11/7/1120954/...al-oregon-state