Groundbreaking Ceremony

MeanGreen61

And speaking of great marketing ideas, why not raffle off a chance to be a part of the groundbreaking ceremony, shovel in hand, next to the Pres, and RV and God knows who else for $20 or $50?

Surprised we don't see more actual fund raising going on...

why surprised? that is the way we have always done things. you know, a tradition!

This is one time I will not be happy to be on a soccer field. I have to referee three soccer games that morning and will not get off the pitch until after the groundbreaking....man, that hurts, but I have already promised to referee that morning thinking the groundbreaking would be closer to kick-off or after the game or the evening before the game...Oh, well...must honor the commitment...who will sneak me one the super duper groundbreaking souvenirs?????

Come on...someone, please!!!!!!! :wub::whistling1:

Find someone else to do it! :)

I'm lucky. My oldest daughter's last game of the season is on 11/14. If it hadn't been I would have yanked her from the game. Terrible mom I know....LOL

Find someone else to do it! :)

I'm lucky. My oldest daughter's last game of the season is on 11/14. If it hadn't been I would have yanked her from the game. Terrible mom I know....LOL

I think it is safe to say that this will have a longer lasting impact...right?

Absolutely! I wouldn't even think twice about it. That's why I was saying KRAM1 should see if another ref can take his place. LOL

Lord knows I would.

Not going to happen. I gave my word and we are short of referees as it is each Saturday. I'll do my three games in a row and head immediately home to change and then to Fouts field for the victory against Army. I know it's hard for some folks to understand, but when I tell someone that they can count on me...well, they can count on me. If the slots were not so "empty" for refs this season, I would definitely try to find someone to take my place. It would be the way to go, but just won't work this season. So, I'm on the pitch that morning as promised. Even though, my heart will be with the Mean Green Nation around groundbreaking time.

It's going to be hard to be a bit "late" for the Army game as I have a friend coming to the game who has never been to a Mean Green home game, and I'll be meeting up with the daughter of some friends of ours who is a current plebe at West Point. I am mailing her a TANK ARMY t-shirt on Monday...anyone think it might end up on the West Point rifle range????? Hmmmmmmmmm.

GO MEAN GREEN!