Groundbreaking Ceremony

MeanGreen61

I'm sure you are as happy as I am to receive this notification. A reality that's been a long time coming !

Groundbreaking Ceremony

President Gretchen M. bataille

Athletic Director Rick Villarreal

and the New Stadium Committee

cordially invite you to be a part of the

GROUNDBREAKING FOR THE NEW FOOTBALL STADIUM

Saturday, November 21, 2009

11AM

North of the Athletic Building

1301 Bonnie Brae Street

Free commerative souvenir for the first 500 Mean Green Fans

After the ceremony join us for tailgating prior to the UNT versus Army game.

Edited by MeanGreen61

I'm sure you are as happy as I am to receive this notification. A reality that's been a long time coming !

Groundbreaking Ceremony

President Gretchen M. bataille

Athletic Director Rick Villarreal

and the New Stadium Committee

cordially invite you to be a part of the

GROUNDBREAKING FOR THE NEW FOOTBALL STADIUM

Saturday, November 21, 2009

11AM

North of the Athletic Building

1301 Bonnie Brae Street

Free commerative souvenir for the first 500 Mean Green Fans

After the ceremony join us for tailgating prior to the UNT versus Army game.

we'll be there...i want the souvenir thingy!!!! it's gotta be cool!!!

An incredible team will be building the stadium. HKS, the architects of the new Dallas Cowboys Stadium will be designing their first college football stadium. It will also be the first LEED certified college football stadium in the Country. The construction company, Manhattan Construction are the contractors of the Dallas Cowboys Stadium and numerous other grand projects. Currently, they are building our new $100 million dollar Central Park project. The project manager for the Mean Green Stadium....is fresh off the Dallas Cowboys stadium. How bout that for excitement!

I can't wait for the Groundbreaking Ceremony....one of the GRANDest days in UNT Athletic History!!!!

I'll be there! I just hope 500 people will show...

I agree, I think alot of people will be to busy tailgating to cross the street. Specially if word gets out but the free cup of dirt you get for being 1 of 500 mean green fans.

Edited by GreenStreet

Is this true? That would be awsome!

i don't see why it wouldn't be. she is one of dr. bataille's right hand women. she informed me of this stuff at the game...i've known her husband for years.

edit....it's gonna suck if i was suckered...but i do not believe that!

Edited by radiogreen

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the new Fry-Fouts Memorial Field at Coca Cola Stadium will be the first "GOLD" rated LEED certified stadium. Minnesota's new stadium may have been the first, but only a "Silver" rated LEED certified stadium.

Rick

I thought it was going to be the Wells Fargo presents Darrell Dickey Field at Pourhouse Stadium featuring All-Pro Foundation Repair Seating. huh. guess I was misinformed by the [insert person I know here]

and Minnesota? F- those guys. No one even knows where that is. At least our conference names is representative of our member teams. I mean -- shoot --- there is sun right? And like, we are in kind of an area where there is alot of sun and stuff. Like all of us are. Totally makes a ton of sense. So good job there. Unlike those losers in the Big Ten. Geez. I suppose they just don't like to count Minn and indiana because they suck all the time. Or maybe its because at least two teams are so awful every year that they are like a half a team. So they equal Ten teams each year.

That must be it.

So I apologize Big Ten (eleven).

What we don't realize is that if you show up there will be members of the HKF staff there ready to sign you up for the "stadium helpers" program. That program is a "volunteer" program that asks you to generously donate 40-70 hours a week in helping with construction "goals". Members are asked to bring any tools they may have on hand such as shovels, front loaders, large cranes or surveying equipment. This is in line with the university's cost cutting program as well.

What we don't realize is that if you show up there will be members of the HKF staff there ready to sign you up for the "stadium helpers" program. That program is a "volunteer" program that asks you to generously donate 40-70 hours a week in helping with construction "goals". Members are asked to bring any tools they may have on hand such as shovels, front loaders, large cranes or surveying equipment. This is in line with the university's cost cutting program as well.

Ha! And OSHA will have a field office set up right on the jobsite!

I'll have my son bring his Bob the Builder stuff. Whatever helps get it done, right?

This is one time I will not be happy to be on a soccer field. I have to referee three soccer games that morning and will not get off the pitch until after the groundbreaking....man, that hurts, but I have already promised to referee that morning thinking the groundbreaking would be closer to kick-off or after the game or the evening before the game...Oh, well...must honor the commitment...who will sneak me one the super duper groundbreaking souvenirs?????

Come on...someone, please!!!!!!! :wub::whistling1:

Kram,

I'll try to have the boy and wife with me and snake you one...No promises, but I will try... Wouldn't miss this, big day....

And speaking of great marketing ideas, why not raffle off a chance to be a part of the groundbreaking ceremony, shovel in hand, next to the Pres, and RV and God knows who else for $20 or $50?

Surprised we don't see more actual fund raising going on...It's gonna be built, everything's approved, ground's set to be broken, opening date set (no announced opponent - diff't thread)... Why not let the fund raising rip and get things going...Start informing season ticket holders of what's coming, new ticket prices, new MGC donation levels... Is it still too early for this?

Eitherways, I'll be there, Tank Army shirt on my back, snapping photos of the fam early...