Another Reason To Hate Bcs Conferences

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news...p&type=lgns

The Big 12's douche bag commissioner wants their 6-6 teams to be considered winning teams in consideration for bowl games. Currently, if you have a 6-6 record, you can't be placed into a bowl game unless all other teams with real winning records have been invited to a bowl game. Big 12 commish wants an exception for his conference.

The rich get richer, and continue to whine about it. Sickening. We couldn't even get out foot in the door for the failing Independence Bowl as a second bid for our conference and these other douches want more and more for marginal seasons.

Screw the BCS. I hope the nuthuggers out in Utah can get a good enough antitrust attorney to bang the BCS and bowl system. I have my doubts, but one can hope.

The Big 12's douche bag commissioner wants their 6-6 teams to be considered winning teams in consideration for bowl games. Currently, if you have a 6-6 record, you can't be placed into a bowl game unless all other teams with real winning records have been invited to a bowl game. Big 12 commish wants an exception for his conference.

The rich get richer, and continue to whine about it. Sickening. We couldn't even get out foot in the door for the failing Independence Bowl as a second bid for our conference and these other douches want more and more for marginal seasons.

Screw the BCS. I hope the nuthuggers out in Utah can get a good enough antitrust attorney to bang the BCS and bowl system. I have my doubts, but one can hope.

Just wait until Boise State, TCU, and Cincy all finish undefated and a one loss Team jumps them (Oregon, Alabama, Florida, etc...) leaving them scratching their heads. Ok I know Cincy is BCS Big East, but they have continually been snubbed.

Just wait until Boise State, TCU, and Cincy all finish undefated and a one loss Team jumps them (Oregon, Alabama, Florida, etc...) leaving them scratching their heads. Ok I know Cincy is BCS Big East, but they have continually been snubbed.

I'm praying this happens and the computers go the way of W.O.P.R. and realize that the BCS is futile and its much better to just play a game of chess.

Here's another scenario: The possibility of six undefeateds - Florida/Alabama (SEC winner), Texas, TCU, Boise State, Iowa, and Cincinnati.

Someone want to tell me that any of those teams could without a doubt beat any of the others? Of all seasons, this would be a tremendous one for a playoff. But, we'll get the ripoff fodder of the two teams ranked highest in the polls at the beginning of the season benefitting at the end as well.

TCU has already gotten screwed with the new BCS rankings. Cincinnati of the "pseudo BSC conference" Big East, went right past TCU after this weekends games. Sure, TCU only beat UNLV while Cincy beat lowly Syracuse. TCU should have remained ahead of Cincy. I'm just saying........

That's O.K. Cincy still has some tough competition coming up and I'd be shocked if they remain undefeated. Go get 'em FROGS!

The really sucky part about this is that the bowl games want the 6-6 team from the BCS conference over the 8-4 or better SBC team--see Troy in 2007. Its just the way it is, but the BCS ain't going anywhere. Anyone want to take a look at the teams that are undefeated and see any way both TCU and Boise State get BCS bowl bids? There is just no way--hell, Boise beat Oregon for the second year in a row and will watch the Ducks zoom past them in the BCS rankings. WHEN this happens, it will represent the second year in a row that Boise will go undefeated, be ranked high--as in top ten, and not get to go to a BCS game. And the worst part of it all? Baylor gets more bowl money revenue than Boise, even though the Broncos go undefeated and the Bears will not win a conference game this year. That is the most repulsive part of it all to me. :angry:

Edited by untjim1995

Well, as many of you know I am not a big proponent of government intervention in the free market...

But universities are tax exempt, and their income from these games are tax free. It is essentially a tax subsidized monopoly intentionally designed to prevent competition.

Congress should threaten to pull the tax exempt rug from under the NCAA unless they implement a college football playoff.

Well, as many of you know I am not a big proponent of government intervention in the free market...

But universities are tax exempt, and their income from these games are tax free. It is essentially a tax subsidized monopoly intentionally designed to prevent competition.

Congress should threaten to pull the tax exempt rug from under the NCAA unless they implement a college football playoff.

Doesn't the Congress have more IMPORTANT things to worry about than a college football playoff, like the war in afganistan or health care, maybe the deficit?

TCU has already gotten screwed with the new BCS rankings. Cincinnati of the "pseudo BSC conference" Big East, went right past TCU after this weekends games. Sure, TCU only beat UNLV while Cincy beat lowly Syracuse. TCU should have remained ahead of Cincy. I'm just saying........

That's O.K. Cincy still has some tough competition coming up and I'd be shocked if they remain undefeated. Go get 'em FROGS!

At least the margin is only .002 for TCU not being in 5th. TCU deserve the chance to play with the big boys. The Big East teams need to take a seat, and maybe look at just how good their conference really is. (or lack there of)

The really sucky part about this is that the bowl games want the 6-6 team from the BCS conference over the 8-4 or better SBC team--see Troy in 2007. Its just the way it is

the bowls want fans at their games and they know the #9 team of the big12 or sec travels better and is more appealing to media than any sbc school. until the sbc has better name recognition and attendance home and on the road this will not change.

Edited by LoveMG

Doesn't the Congress have more IMPORTANT things to worry about than a college football playoff, like the war in afganistan or health care, maybe the deficit?

Considering how much of a revenue generator college football is, I dont think its an unfair request that ALL D-1 schools be allowed an equal opportunity to compete for the revenues generated by competing for a national championship.

If you want to see the college football competition system really jacked up, hand it over to congress. Those morons screw up everything they touch.

Class action suit by all of the colleges that are not auto BCS qualifiers is the way to go. That way the NCAA would have too many schools to retaliate against or attempt to strong arm.

Problem is, it's hard to get 2 entities to agree to anything, much less 60 some odd.

totally agree.

At least the margin is only .002 for TCU not being in 5th. TCU deserve the chance to play with the big boys. The Big East teams need to take a seat, and maybe look at just how good their conference really is. (or lack there of)
The Big East has a better record in the BCS Bowls than the ACC.

I've got a feeling (for example) that the Independence Bowl in Shreveport would take an 0-12 South Carolina over an 11-1 Second-Place team in the Sun Belt............. if they could do it

I'll loose all faith in the system if Beebe's wishes come true

Beebe is the former commish of the Ohio Valley Conference and is a real arsehole

Edited by KAjunRaider

If you want to see the college football competition system really jacked up, hand it over to congress. Those morons screw up everything they touch.

Congress doesn't have to come up with a college playoffsystem, just threaten to pull their tax exemption. The NCAA can put together a system that is fair if they were just "encouraged" to do so.

If I were a Senator, I'd attach an amendment to the health care bill pulling the NCAA's tax exemption if they did not implement a FBS playoff by the 2012 season.

If I were a Senator, I'd attach an amendment to the health care bill pulling the NCAA's tax exemption if they did not implement a FBS playoff by the 2012 season.

I thought you wanted the elimination of the tax exemption to pass? ;)

Even if they threatened to pull the exemption, the NCAA would then go to congress and ask what needed to be done to avoid this eventuality. Congress would have to approve the new plan implemented by the NCAA, so in effect, congress would control what system was accepted.

Congress, especially this congress, never met a tax it didn't like. Given the chance to stick their hand in the equitable pocket of college football, congress would find any plan submitted to be lacking and eventually pull the tax exemption, leaving in place the BCS. The NCAA, being a for profit organization, would simple pass this increase in operating expense down to the fan.

End result: The BCS stays in place, NCAA loses tax exempt status, you and I pay more at the gate, parking, and concessions (where applicable).

Keep this away from the House and Senate. Let the courts make this decision.