Monday Morning Recap

Quoner

knockeduppic16.jpg

“I wish I liked anything as much as my kids like bubbles.”

“That’s sad.”

“Totally sad. Their smiling faces just point out your inability to enjoy anything.”

A team that has gone 4-29 under it’s current head coach wins a game. Most folks would be pretty happy about the occurrence, giving that a team that went into the weekend with a 0.121 chance of success just tasted victory while looking like an unstoppable offensive juggernaut. This was a battle of 119 vs. 120 (I guess you could slide us around the 110s if so inclined) and gave us a great chance to notch that 4 to a 5.

When you only win 4 games in 3 years, style points are not really an issue. So, when I watched my alma mater win a game they closed on a 40-14 basketball–style run, I was determined to enjoy it. Did the first half look like two-greased up Michael Vick dogs fighting for a ham bone? Heck yes it did.In fact, as one person on the student side loudly remarked (quite offensively I might add): "This isn't football. It's just retards butting heads." Maybe so, but when it’s your kid drooling down his chin for a half and then picking himself up off the ground and sprinting to the finish line, you should still at least stand and clap for him.

It’s okay to be beaten down by the team at this point (really, the three of you who are not will always amaze me and make me feel like the bubbles guy listed above), but there really does come a point where ripping everything to shreds is absurd. No matter how absurd the game was, how can you not give Riley, Dunbar mad props and the rest of the offense major props? Six other teams lined up across from WKU and no one violated their defense the way we did. If this game was reduced to dated and debunked urban legends from the 1990s, it would have totally been their defense as Lil’ Bow Wow and our offense as the broom.

So, now that I said my peace, let’s see what kinds of fun, laughs and good times happened on the board this weekend.

The ever-raging debate on why our defensive coordinator has not been given the Rihanna-on-her-way-to-an-awards-show treatment continues to rage on with the intensity of a cracker crumb left on a barely lit stove burner. It’s become a fun crusade to prove that the board has double standards, but last time I checked, trained monkeys were incapable of comprehending what that term even means.

Any – read them all here and here.

The good news is that we are back to trumpeting our inside knowledge again. It’s really not a fun time on the board unless you know something your friend doesn’t.

Still, it was that same defensive coordinator rolling the stone off the tomb, tearing off his wrappings and storming down to the sidelines that turned a warm cup full of doo-doo with two girls next to it into an ice cream sundae that could be enjoyed by kids of all ages.

How fun was this win? Even the WKU fans left happy!

We took the time to recognize individual players like Dunbar, Riley and Jeremy Phillips, but then had to make time to remind those same players that they only found success today because they were playing a bad team. Congratulations on beating that kid in the race! Sorry he only has one leg though!

This thread has everything you want in a GMG.com thread. Passive aggression! Shots at each other! Blaming different coaches! Football analysis you could get from the late night board op at 105.3 The Fan! Insinuations of firings and injuries! LongJim making a cognizant point and realistic evaluation of things. Hey, it’s just like this recap post (except the last part).

You know what we didn’t have this weekend? The always appreciated fan meltdown where a long-time poster gives up completely on the program. Is this progress? In fact, the only dash of crazy we had came just before kick-off with our old buddy Bob (say hi to Bob, everyone!) quickly retracting some very pointed criticism of the new stadium. Looks like someone got a visit from the AD – angel of death.

And yes, I am aware that some folks decided to just beg for inclusion in the Monday Morning Recap. Do I give in to this blatant pandering? Heck yes! In fact, if you have a business, cause or message you want to see if the next recap, just PM me and I’ll add it in. It will be like product placement in a movie – it will be so seamless you won’t even know I put it in– just like prom!

Also, if you weren’t around for the rest of the weekend. There are several threads I’d love to link to but just can’t seem to find anymore. Instead, I’ll just do a quick free word association of things I remember:

Troy Phillips

Shut down the board!

Tony Romo!

Rcade fire!

Dickey!

TVs

Middle School

Why’d you get too cool for me when we got to high school?

Journalism

Drug scandals!

Rumors from campus cops!

Diapers!

So, go soak it all in, and then realize that it is time to start thinking about Monroe.

To bring back an old basketball favorite FROM RIGHT BEFORE I GOT BANNED FOR BEING A RACIST:

Can we? Will we?

knockeduppic16.jpg

“I wish I liked anything as much as my kids like bubbles.”

“That’s sad.”

“Totally sad. Their smiling faces just point out your inability to enjoy anything.”

A team that has gone 4-29 under it’s current head coach wins a game. Most folks would be pretty happy about the occurrence, giving that a team that went into the weekend with a 0.121 chance of success just tasted victory while looking like an unstoppable offensive juggernaut. This was a battle of 119 vs. 120 (I guess you could slide us around the 110s if so inclined) and gave us a great chance to notch that 4 to a 5.

When you only win 4 games in 3 years, style points are not really an issue. So, when I watched my alma mater win a game they closed on a 40-14 basketball–style run, I was determined to enjoy it. Did the first half look like two-greased up Michael Vick dogs fighting for a ham bone? Heck yes it did.In fact, as one person on the student side loudly remarked (quite offensively I might add): "This isn't football. It's just retards butting heads." Maybe so, but when it’s your kid drooling down his chin for a half and then picking himself up off the ground and sprinting to the finish line, you should still at least stand and clap for him.

It’s okay to be beaten down by the team at this point (really, the three of you who are not will always amaze me and make me feel like the bubbles guy listed above), but there really does come a point where ripping everything to shreds is absurd. No matter how absurd the game was, how can you not give Riley, Dunbar mad props and the rest of the offense major props? Six other teams lined up across from WKU and no one violated their defense the way we did. If this game was reduced to dated and debunked urban legends from the 1990s, it would have totally been their defense as Lil’ Bow Wow and our offense as the broom.

So, now that I said my peace, let’s see what kinds of fun, laughs and good times happened on the board this weekend.

The ever-raging debate on why our defensive coordinator has not been given the Rihanna-on-her-way-to-an-awards-show treatment continues to rage on with the intensity of a cracker crumb left on a barely lit stove burner. It’s become a fun crusade to prove that the board has double standards, but last time I checked, trained monkeys were incapable of comprehending what that term even means.

Any – read them all here and here.

The good news is that we are back to trumpeting our inside knowledge again. It’s really not a fun time on the board unless you know something your friend doesn’t.

Still, it was that same defensive coordinator rolling the stone off the tomb, tearing off his wrappings and storming down to the sidelines that turned a warm cup full of doo-doo with two girls next to it into an ice cream sundae that could be enjoyed by kids of all ages.

How fun was this win? Even the WKU fans left happy!

We took the time to recognize individual players like Dunbar, Riley and Jeremy Phillips, but then had to make time to remind those same players that they only found success today because they were playing a bad team. Congratulations on beating that kid in the race! Sorry he only has one leg though!

This thread has everything you want in a GMG.com thread. Passive aggression! Shots at each other! Blaming different coaches! Football analysis you could get from the late night board op at 105.3 The Fan! Insinuations of firings and injuries! LongJim making a cognizant point and realistic evaluation of things. Hey, it’s just like this recap post (except the last part).

You know what we didn’t have this weekend? The always appreciated fan meltdown where a long-time poster gives up completely on the program. Is this progress? In fact, the only dash of crazy we had came just before kick-off with our old buddy Bob (say hi to Bob, everyone!) quickly retracting some very pointed criticism of the new stadium. Looks like someone got a visit from the AD – angel of death.

And yes, I am aware that some folks decided to just beg for inclusion in the Monday Morning Recap. Do I give in to this blatant pandering? Heck yes! In fact, if you have a business, cause or message you want to see if the next recap, just PM me and I’ll add it in. It will be like product placement in a movie – it will be so seamless you won’t even know I put it in– just like prom!

Also, if you weren’t around for the rest of the weekend. There are several threads I’d love to link to but just can’t seem to find anymore. Instead, I’ll just do a quick free word association of things I remember:

Troy Phillips

Shut down the board!

Tony Romo!

Rcade fire!

Dickey!

TVs

Middle School

Why’d you get too cool for me when we got to high school?

Journalism

Drug scandals!

Rumors from campus cops!

Diapers!

So, go soak it all in, and then realize that it is time to start thinking about Monroe.

To bring back an old basketball favorite FROM RIGHT BEFORE I GOT BANNED FOR BEING A RACIST:

Can we? Will we?