Kicking

UNTflyer

Having never tried kicking off, I wonder why the ball can't be more frequently kicked deep into the end zone. Is Knott not (he he) able to kick it that far ? We've had kickers in the past that always could end the return threat by kicking deep into the endzone.

I'm glad for the win. However, our kickoff coverage was horrible. We stopped WKU once at the 23 and the rest of the day, we didn't stop then until well past the 50.

GO MEAN GREEN

Having never tried kicking off, I wonder why the ball can't be more frequently kicked deep into the end zone. Is Knott not (he he) able to kick it that far ? We've had kickers in the past that always could end the return threat by kicking deep into the endzone.

I'm glad for the win. However, our kickoff coverage was horrible. We stopped WKU once at the 23 and the rest of the day, we didn't stop then until well past the 50.

GO MEAN GREEN

Then how did we give up an average of just more than 24 yards per return? Science?

Long return called back on a penalty?

We hold plays wiped out by penalties against the team now? Is there a new hypothetical yardage stat that ca be further used to kick the team in the nuts, because if so, I want in.

GO MEAN GREEN

since rule change a few years ago moving kickoff back 10 yards from 40 yard line to 30, its unusual for any college kicker to put it in the end zone without a strong wind at his back.

We hold plays wiped out by penalties against the team now? Is there a new hypothetical yardage stat that ca be further used to kick the team in the nuts, because if so, I want in.

All I am saying is that others could be insinuating that given the fact that there were two very long returns in this game, that the special teams were not as good as the stats could lead you to believe. I have no opinion on the matter, I think that there are much bigger problems than the special teams.

All I am saying is that others could be insinuating that given the fact that there were two very long returns in this game, that the special teams were not as good as the stats could lead you to believe. I have no opinion on the matter, I think that there are much bigger problems than the special teams.

I agree with your last statement. I'm not trying to stick up and say our special teams are great, just amazed that people can just fire off random declarative statements like that. I think anyone who ever makes a joke or a strong statement should be forced to meet with every member of the AD and coaching staff face-to-face to really hammer things out, but maybe I'm just old school and/or bat s crazy.