Trick Or Treat Tailgate Anyone?

KRAM1

How about this for Saturday...we set up TRICK OR TREAT TAILGATING. Every tailgate area have candy/treats on hand to give out to the "wee" Mean Green fans attending the game??? Some may not get to do their regular Trick or Treating because they (or their parents) are at the game, and with the move back to a 3PM start it makes it harder to get home and trick or treat after the game.

I saw on the Oklahoma State forum that they are setting up for Trick or Treat Tailgating for their game with Texas this Saturday with a 7PM kick-off. Sounds like a great idea. The "wee" one's can come dressed in their Halloween costumes and go from tailgate area to tailgate area and collect treats!

Can we get this on???? How do we get the word to the student groups who tailgate and to everyone else who may not be on GOG.Com?

What do you think? Can we pull this off and help the young Mean Green fans and their parents who might be deciding to stay home due to Halloween????????

Edited by KRAM1

Come on folks...can we pull this off????? Yes, but we need "all hands on deck". Who can help get the word out and how can we do that? I'll contact the Mean Green Club to see if they can get an email out and I'll ask the Alumni Assoc. to get an email out if you think that would help...but, how do we get the word to student tailgaters and others who may not be on GMG.com? This could be great fun and we could start a tradition here for the home game closet to Halloween or just do it when a game falls on Halloween, but to try to do it without support and bunches of folks participating would be pretty pathetic.....so, can we get behind this thing and pull it off this late...

Can GMG.com folks get it done? I say yes, so what about you? Any Tailgaters out there willing to participate?????????

We had a big bowl of candy last time, and we'll bring some more this time. If we see any kids in costumes, we were already planning on giving them some candy, so it won't be a problem to pass it out to any that come soliciting.

Though, technically, under Megan's Law, I'm required to tell everyone that....

Y'know what? It's a holiday. Never mind. Come on by, bring the kids.

The Jr. Mean Green Club has not set up a trick or treat tailgate event. If it has it must be the best kept secret at UNT and one that very few tailgaters know anything about. Can you provide some details as even the folks at the Alumni Center I asked to bring candy (and who immediately agreed I might add) had no idea that any trick or treating jad been set up for the tailgate crowd. Great if they do, but it sure is a secret as I have found no one yet who knows bout it. Maybe it's sent out in secret code only to current JR Mean Green Club members.

Quoner, please update me on this...maybe it should be expanded...what ya think???

GO MEAN GREEN...GO JR MEAN GREEN CLUB TRICK OR TREATERS!!!!!!