If Elson Sucks, Wku's Inflated Expectations Stink

MeanGreen61

"Though the Sun Belt was a quarter-step better (if that) than many I-AA conferences just a few years ago, it is now a full-fledged competitive I-A league that can stack up with Conference USA and the like."

Totally agree. The strength of the conference has really grown the last 3 years or so. At one point, the Sun Belt was obviously the worst I-A conference. IMO, we are at least as good as the MAC right now. And, there is a lot more potential for growth in the Sun Belt than in the MAC (also IMO).

Interesting article. The comments section is interesting, and I remember how the WKU boards were really dumping on being in the 'Belt and that they would dominate coming out of the gate. Expectations are a bitch, I guess we've all learned here the hard way this year.

WKU won't always be the door mat, and Troy won't always be the class of the league. In a league with such parity, we will all find ourselves on the top of the pile and on the bottom of the pile from time to time. ...though, I'd be satisfied with somewhere in the middle right now.

Edited by yyz28

IMO, we are at least as good as the MAC right now.

Maybe top to bottom there's a slight argument to be made, but 3-5 Bowling Green (4th, MAC East) absolutely blowing Troy off the field doesn't help. I think THAT'S the big difference, those one or two top-line teams. Central Michigan, for example, is really, really good. I think the SBC teams might blend nicely throughout the middle, but at the top/upper middle the MAC has an edge.

Agree with you, though, on potential - for what that's worth.

Edited by CaribbeanGreen