With All The Frustration, Anger, Hate, And Disappointment

KingDL1

Tailgatting.png

Yeah Tailgating!!

We plan on being there around 10:00am this Saturday with the 3:00pm kick-off.

Our Menu is still in the works but I am thinking on my part I will double grind my mix of Choice Chuck Roast and Choice Brisket fresh Friday night on my 1 Horsepower

Anvil #12 Meat Grinder and form some solid homemade all beef burger patties.

Then as a quick snack I think I will go with my recipe Cheesy Sausage Balls one more time.

I have no idea what John or the rest on my group are making yet, but it will be hard to top the Cuban Sandwiches John made at Homecoming. Who bring a commercial meat slicer and a electric sandwich press to tailgating?

More detail to follow, I will see everyone Saturday on the North side of the Blue lot.

• Upvote 1

A bit off topic , but I didn't want to start a whole thread with just one question.

Do the kids still line up on the field to greet the players when the players come out onto the field ? I know at one time they did , but I've honeslty never paid attention since I didn't have a child ( Now proud father of a 13 mo. future UNT Linebacker :D ) . Anyways my 10 year old nephew is coming in from out of town and has never been to a football game! He is excited about going and I thought his experience would be even more enjoyable if he could do this. I didn't know if you had to be a junior mean green club member or not , but I'm a Mean Green Club memember so maybe that could count towards him. Thanks in advance

Edited by NT03

A bit off topic , but I didn't want to start a whole thread with just one question.

Do the kids still line up on the field to greet the players when the players come out onto the field ? I know at one time they did , but I've honeslty never paid attention since I didn't have a child ( Now proud father of a 13 mo. future UNT Linebacker :D ) . Anyways my 10 year old nephew is coming in from out of town and has never been to a football game! He is excited about going and I thought his experience would be even more enjoyable if he could do this. I didn't know if you had to be a junior mean green club member or not , but I'm a Mean Green Club memember so maybe that could count towards him. Thanks in advance

They usually restrict it to JMGC members - it's $15-20 and gets him a shirt, access to the ice cream and bounce houses at the end of the practice field and a chance to go down on the field. I think the day pass is $5-10, so if he wants to do any of that and get a shirt it's not a bad deal. I don't think they make exceptions, but you never know unless you ask.

Im defiantely there..... Probably grilling burgers or steaks not sure yet, attendance will take a hit since its halloween, but who cares thats later that evening...

Should be a fun game to watch, wonder if WKU will start a riot during the game, like they did last time they were at Fouts.

Your posts always make me giggle. I read them less for the content and more for the little nuggets of humor buried within.

I'll be there...a bit later than usual as I referee that morning...3 games...but will be working at the Alumni Tailgate area (look for the Big Semi) helping sell TANK ARMY T-shirts to help raise scholarship dollars for UNT students.

Do you have your TANK ARMY T-Shirt as yet? No, well, please stop by and pick one or two or three or four up...they make great gifts for Mean Green Nation members too. One for $12 and 2 for $20 (such a deal!).

We need your support to make this a successful project...T-Shirts designed by none other than the great drex too!

Hope to see everyone Saturday!!!!!

GO MEAN GREEN!

Im defiantely there..... Probably grilling burgers or steaks not sure yet, attendance will take a hit since its halloween, but who cares thats later that evening...

Should be a fun game to watch, wonder if WKU will start a riot during the game, like they did last time they were at Fouts.

Attendence will be up not down since it is halloween. May even get more students out this week than the last couple of home games.

ESPN and all my iphone apps have it as a 2:00 kickoff but meangreensports.com has it for a 3:00...

I will be there to tailgate. My son turns one on Friday so we have a birthday party at 4:00 on Saturday. That's as much as I could negotiate with the wife for...

Not bringing the bus, subdued "true" tailgate with a SUV lid raised and some chairs... Steak on a stick - no go, pulled pork - no go...

In the end I will be there with my father, two UNT chairs, a cooler and a half gallon of purple bag...Which is for both the UNT game and the 1st birthday party...

Can someone confirm what time kickoff is...Means the difference of seeing kickoff, or seeing the whole first half...

I will be back in full regalia for the ULa-Monroe game and the Navy Game....

Edited by FloMoGrad

I'm going with 3PM. They changed the Fla Atlantic kick-off from an announced 6Pm to &PM to accommodate SBC TV...I think the same is happening with this game...but be there by 1PM and you have nothing to worry about one way or the other! :lol:

ESPN and all my iphone apps have it as a 2:00 kickoff but meangreensports.com has it for a 3:00...

I will be there to tailgate. My son turns one on Friday so we have a birthday party at 4:00 on Saturday. That's as much as I could negotiate with the wife for...

Not bringing the bus, subdued "true" tailgate with a SUV lid raised and some chairs... Steak on a stick - no go, pulled pork - no go...

In the end I will be there with my father, two UNT chairs, a cooler and a half gallon of purple bag...Which is for both the UNT game and the 1st birthday party...

Can someone confirm what time kickoff is...Means the difference of seeing kickoff, or seeing the whole first half...

Don't worry, we will have the game in tow by the time you have to leave :)

Game is 3pm kickoff.

UPDATE:

Come on out and join the Best Damn Tailgate Crew In North Texas

Home2009best.jpg

JohnsCubanSand.jpg

Fresh Ground Hamburgers

Marinated Beer Brats

Cheesy Sausage Balls

John is bringing Slow Smoked Brisket

Homemade New York Style Pretzels (John’s Specialty)

Pistachios

And more....

Maybe we will see the Mean Green Tailgating Man again!

• Upvote 2