Star Telegram Begs For Fans To Show Up, Second Time In A Week.

FirefightnRick

Patterson asks TCU fans to come play their part.

One of the best football teams in the nation and they are only averaging 31,000 in a city of nearly a quarter of a million people.

Sad.

I wish them luck for sure as I see them easily running the table but getting screwed in the end. It wouldn't surprise me if them or Boise or both get

left out in the cold on a big money bowl game.

Rick

One of the best football teams in the nation and they are only averaging 31,000 in a city of nearly a quarter of a million people.

Sad.

I wish them luck for sure as I see them easily running the table but getting screwed in the end. It wouldn't surprise me if them or Boise or both get

Rick

Now TCU is only a private school with ~5k students, right? Unlike the 35k+ we sport.

• Upvote 1

Sad.

Rick

Well, it's even sadder than you imagined. The census bureau estimates that as of 2006 the population of Fort Worth was 653,320.. http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/48/4827000.html

What I find equally absurd is that, except in the general area of TCU, you don't see much TCU gear in most of the stores in Fort Worth.

Edited by SilverEagle

Now TCU is only a private school with ~5k students, right? Unlike the 35k+ we sport.

TCU's enrollment hovered around 5,000 - 6,000 for a long time. But it has grown a bit in the last few years to almost 9,000.

TCU Total enrollment

And today we can call UNT at 36,206!

UNT enrollment tops 36,000

And I think we are starting to see it, 23,000 at homecoming for a team with as bad a record as ours is something relatively new for UNT. With our University planing to top out at 45,000 in the next 6-10 years, I really hope they make the new stadium bigger for down the road and we start wining.

I think TCU would beat Texas handily.

Would love to see that matchup....

Handily? I am not so sure about that. But it is still a matchup I would love to see.

An ideal January for me would be a playoff coming to a close, with Florida-Boise State and Alabama-TCU semifinals.

Poor old Horns would be crying again, but that means they lost along the way...

Edited by greenminer

Texas wouldn't beat TCU, Boise, or BYU.

I'm as far from a Horn fan as you can get it without Maroon underwear, but I think TCU is a toss up - the other two are sure Texas wins on a neutral field. Texas is just as good defensively as TCU, so it pretty much comes down to who has the better QB and special teams.

I'm as far from a Horn fan as you can get it without Maroon underwear, but I think TCU is a toss up - the other two are sure Texas wins on a neutral field. Texas is just as good defensively as TCU, so it pretty much comes down to who has the better QB and special teams.

I am not much of a Horn fan myself, but I doubt very seriously that BYU or Boise state would beat UT at their place. TCU would be closer, but played 10 times I think UT wins 7 or 8 times. Can you see TCU beating Florida, LSU, or Alabama?

I am not much of a Horn fan myself, but I doubt very seriously that BYU or Boise state would beat UT at their place. TCU would be closer, but played 10 times I think UT wins 7 or 8 times. Can you see TCU beating Florida, LSU, or Alabama?

Texas couldn't beat Florida, LSU, or Bama.

Texas loses to Boise, BYU, & TCU, on a neutral field.

• Upvote 1

Sad.

Maybe they should schedule UNT. With the attendance we have been having we should be good for at least 20k fans. I'm sure we would bring more fans than Colorado State did this year. I don't understand why doesn't TCU want to play us anymore. Until they do, I won't be going to any of their games no matter what their ranking is.

How can you say that, especially regarding BYU when they were just humiliated on national TV by TCU?

You are implying you think TCU is #3 or 4 material, and I just am not positive about that. They are a solid top-10 team that blew past a BYU squad that just fell out of the top-25.

Part of the reason that they probably can't get a sold out stadium is how bad the tailgating and layout of the parking lots suck. And I've been to plenty of TCU games.

My grandpa graduated from TCU and my mother has worked in some sort of capacity for them for the past 15 years including athletics (for 10). I grew up about 1 mile from the campus.

The stadium isn't all that nice IMO. It holds 44k or something like that and it's old. You can especially tell when you are walking around the concourse.

This team this year is good. Good enough to beat this year's Texas team down in Austin on their turf.

How can you say that, especially regarding BYU when they were just humiliated on national TV by TCU?

You are implying you think TCU is #3 or 4 material, and I just am not positive about that. They are a solid top-10 team that blew past a BYU squad that just fell out of the top-25.

That BYU game is so hard to read - the Cougars looked good against OU in the opener (though who knows what OU is), but they got absolutely whipped in Provo by a weak Florida State team... which is exactly what TCU did to them as well.

Time will tell. Avoiding their typical once a year bad loss may be the Frogs' biggest obstacle. Boise, on the other hand, is the world's biggest Oregon Duck fan club this Saturday.

You are either high, an Aggie fan, or haven't watched any college football this year if you think TCU, Boise, or BYU would beat Texas on a neutral field. TCU would keep it close because of their defense, but the other two would get BLOWN out. They would beat LSU, too. I will agree, though, that Florida and Bama would kill them anywhere.

To the factors of city size, student number, alumni numbers, you might want to add that TCU ticket prices are roughly double what NT's are.

I think the TCU attendance situation just demonstrates how difficult it is to prosper in the collegian football arena. TCU is a school with a great location, tradition and enourmous resources relative to NT and most of the non-AQ teams. Yet, they struggle for coverage and attention against the pro and Big Twelve dominated media and the ever present UT influence over the entire state.