Say We Win Saturday...

BIG DAWG

Say Tune leads this team to victory Saturday...is there really a debate over who starts next week if Riley is healthy???

I mean seriously, Tune is a decent player, but everyone should be able to see that Riley is the better QB right??? Tune has a better deep ball (at this point in Riley's career), but Dodge still brings more to the table. I know this would be a HUGE win, but even though, people can't really be considering benching a healthy Riley Dodge???

That is what I get reading several posts. People are really trying to compare a RS freshman who will make rookie mistakes, but can make explosive plays, and a RS junior who is a game manager...both have thrown pick 6's that have cost us games. Does taking away reps from the RS freshman and giving them to the RS junior help your program? Riley is a RS FRESHMAN...his next game will be his 6th start! This defense is not good enough to carry a game manager. Give me the RS freshman who needs to develop a deep ball over a game manager, who is a statue, that has an average deep ball. I say average, because it isn't like he has shown it consistently...he has shown he can stare down a reciever.

This isn't Meager v. Phillips...they were even in experience, age, exposure to the program.

For you guys calling for the Lake Dallas product...are you serious???

This topic has been the most frustrating other than the gut wrenching losses. The debate over which QB to play has been simply crazy to me. The only strength to anyones argument is Riley's deficiency in the deep ball category, but I have no doubt that will come as he gets stronger...more than likely next year.

Fragile??? Maybe, but the only injury he has suffered that you can contribute to his lack in size is the shoulder. Can we really contribute the ankle to his size? I think we chalk that up more to him being a running QB. I have heard the non-throwing shoulder injury is what is making his deep ball look less than stellar due to the fact it hampers his follow through...granted he will never be guy with the cannon deep ball, but will definitely be able to develop enough of a deep ball to get the job done.

I know we are all frustrated, but the team is a lot better, competitive, and can still get the 4-5 wins most said they would be happy with. BUT with the start we had and the closeness of our games, people got inflated expectations, including myself.

Lets not get down on players that are brand new to this game...we are returning almost every starter...we are young, but not 3 years down the road young, BUT next year young...good things are happening, and they are going to be happening with Riley, and he is going to be one hell of a QB when his career is said and done, and I think most of you know this through all your frustrations with the gut wrenching close losses

The only problem I have with the question is this: If Tune beat Troy, he would have to play one excellent game. I have no problem with Riley; lots of quarterbacks get hurt, most of them recover, but I think the jury is still out on whether we know all that there is to know about either ot these guys. Just my opinion; if Tune wins and doesn't get hurt, I think he should start the next game. That is all.

...and my point is if the TEAM makes a couple plays here and there, and we are now 3-3, or 4-2, this conversation is not even on the table...even if Riley's stats and injuries played out exactly as they are now.

I just think Riley is taking more heat than he is due...the TEAM has needed to make more plays...and just a handful of them at that

A lot of college QB's get injured like RD. Fragile?? Look at Colt McCoy in his freshman year. This year look at the Florida QB, Oklahoma QB and others & you might throw in Troy Akeman of the Cowboys in his first or second year. NT is lucky enough to have Tune. An excellent passer like RD but not as elusive as a runner as RD.

NT has really improved offensively and defensively this year and fans should be excited about that. NT has been in every game, except Alabama, until the end and could have /// should have won......we know the debate.....would have, should have, could have BUT......

I believe that NT has the personnel to win out provided that they keep making fewer mistakes offensively and defensively......

Personally, and I'm a huge Riley fan and defender, I'd split time between the two for the rest of the season. Riley is getting killed and clearly doesn't have the arm (yet) to get the ball downfield. Why not save Riley a few hits and help the team by keeping him healthier while also giving us a chance to throw it downfield every once in a while when Tune is in?

Obviously Riley is the future, but spending the offseason recovering from injury is not what we need from him right now....and if he keeps taking as many hard hits as he has been that's exactly what he'll be doing instead of adding more muscle and overall strength.

When you've only finished 2 games out of 6, it's not really a debate anymore....Riley's getting absolutely killed.

For those that don't know who BIG DAWG is it is my understanding that he makes his living as a football coach and brings that knowledge to back up his posts. We should be glad he contributes....I am.

Say Tune leads this team to victory Saturday...is there really a debate over who starts next week if Riley is healthy???

I mean seriously, Tune is a decent player, but everyone should be able to see that Riley is the better QB right??? Tune has a better deep ball (at this point in Riley's career), but Dodge still brings more to the table. I know this would be a HUGE win, but even though, people can't really be considering benching a healthy Riley Dodge???

That is what I get reading several posts. People are really trying to compare a RS freshman who will make rookie mistakes, but can make explosive plays, and a RS junior who is a game manager...both have thrown pick 6's that have cost us games. Does taking away reps from the RS freshman and giving them to the RS junior help your program? Riley is a RS FRESHMAN...his next game will be his 6th start! This defense is not good enough to carry a game manager. Give me the RS freshman who needs to develop a deep ball over a game manager, who is a statue, that has an average deep ball. I say average, because it isn't like he has shown it consistently...he has shown he can stare down a reciever.

This isn't Meager v. Phillips...they were even in experience, age, exposure to the program.

For you guys calling for the Lake Dallas product...are you serious???

This topic has been the most frustrating other than the gut wrenching losses. The debate over which QB to play has been simply crazy to me. The only strength to anyones argument is Riley's deficiency in the deep ball category, but I have no doubt that will come as he gets stronger...more than likely next year.

Fragile??? Maybe, but the only injury he has suffered that you can contribute to his lack in size is the shoulder. Can we really contribute the ankle to his size? I think we chalk that up more to him being a running QB. I have heard the non-throwing shoulder injury is what is making his deep ball look less than stellar due to the fact it hampers his follow through...granted he will never be guy with the cannon deep ball, but will definitely be able to develop enough of a deep ball to get the job done.

I know we are all frustrated, but the team is a lot better, competitive, and can still get the 4-5 wins most said they would be happy with. BUT with the start we had and the closeness of our games, people got inflated expectations, including myself.

Lets not get down on players that are brand new to this game...we are returning almost every starter...we are young, but not 3 years down the road young, BUT next year young...good things are happening, and they are going to be happening with Riley, and he is going to be one hell of a QB when his career is said and done, and I think most of you know this through all your frustrations with the gut wrenching close losses