Come On, People, Now...

...smile on your brother. Everybody get together. Try to love one another right now.

Wow. Halfway through the season and, for the fourth year in a row, the fanbase is split into warring factions about why we continue to lose.

One side says it's Dodge. The other (laughably) suggests its Deloach.

In my faction of one, I say simply go the whole hog and replace the two remaining stragglers on the staff, shuffle a couple of coaches already here and we'll be locked, loaded, and ready for bear come 2010.

Yaaaaaaaaahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I can see the Germans on the horizon now! Coming in low to bomb Pearl Harbor, chief!

uncle-rico.jpg

I don't think anyone is saying "its Deloach." It's being said that he needs to take some blame for this soft soft Defense. The fact that this team sucks is an overarching Dodge issue. Within that arch is Deloach's sucky defense.

...smile on your brother. Everybody get together. Try to love one another right now.

I've tried to love you, Finch. It's like trying to love my insane great grandmother when she didn't wear any pants and mistook the air conditioner for her toilet.

"Go on. Go give her a hug." ;)

Facepalm. Definitely facepalm.

In my faction of one, I say simply go the whole hog and replace the two remaining stragglers on the staff, shuffle a couple of coaches already here and we'll be locked, loaded, and ready for bear come 2010.

I'd rather see the end of year offensive results before we pull that trigger.

Edited by LongJim

Is there a "10 mistakes have cost us 3 games" camp?

"10 mental mistakes " camp? I like it. This camp needs to do more to improve our focus and concentration and we'll turn it around just fine. Is there a camp that could help with these issues?

"10 mental mistakes " camp? I like it. This camp needs to do more to improve our focus and concentration and we'll turn it around just fine. Is there a camp that could help with these issues?

We need to get a focus group together and rap about this. Really hammer out some details.

Where would you place the blame when we score 40 and 34 yet still lose?

You still placing blame with Ford and George when the offense is producing enough points to win?

Seems to me you were calling for Dodge's head in year two of his tenure, yet where's the outrage with Deloach?

I'm not placing blame with either, just looking at the whole picture and realizing the work that was needed to right this ship when both arrived. 2010 will be a great year and we can still finish out 09 at 5-7.

Edited by UNTLifer

Offense and defense go hand in hand. Why do we have to beat this with the ugly stick?

10 points is enough to win as much as 44 points is enough to win. The defense relies on the offense scoring more points than we allowed, and the offense needs the defense to hold them for less than they produce.

Quit making sense and go grab yer pitchfork.

3645211083_43ed00c6e5.jpg

I'm saying it's Deloach and it's not all that laughable.. Since our meeting with Alabama the defense has returned to its '07 and '08 form.. The offense has put up the necessarypoints the past three games to win, only to be let down by the defense in the end so why not cast some blame on Deloach? I've never seen QB's get so little pressure put on them or players playing out of positionso to not think he has anything to do with how pitiful this team is playing is laughable..