Dave Campbell's Texas Football

gangrene

DCTF's 50th anniversary edition was just published and the Dodge's are mentioned many times throughout the issue, albeit, mostly pertaining to the SLC glory days. In the "Top 50 Things We Love About Texas Football" list, Todd and Riley make their first appearance at #9 for "High School Dynasties," where a mention and photo of Celina is also featured. Riley is again mentioned in #20, "Monumental Upsets." At #26, we learn that the #1 most common high school mascot is the Eagle. Can someone remind why we don't allow any high schools to use our logos? At #42, both Todd and Riley are again mentioned for the "Families of Football" entry. And, at #48 is "Todd Dodge," earning his very own entry in DCTF's Top 50 all-time list.

For the "All-50 Year High School Football Team," Riley earned #4 Honorable Mention status at QB.

There are a few other references to former North Texas players and/or coaches but I'll save that for those of you who want to pick up a copy.

DCTF's 50th anniversary edition was just published and the Dodge's are mentioned many times throughout the issue, albeit, mostly pertaining to the SLC glory days. In the "Top 50 Things We Love About Texas Football" list, Todd and Riley make their first appearance at #9 for "High School Dynasties," where a mention and photo of Celina is also featured. Riley is again mentioned in #20, "Monumental Upsets." At #26, we learn that the #1 most common high school mascot is the Eagle. Can someone remind why we don't allow any high schools to use our logos? At #42, both Todd and Riley are again mentioned for the "Families of Football" entry. And, at #48 is "Todd Dodge," earning his very own entry in DCTF's Top 50 all-time list.

For the "All-50 Year High School Football Team," Riley earned #4 Honorable Mention status at QB.

There are a few other references to former North Texas players and/or coaches but I'll save that for those of you who want to pick up a copy.

Prosper uses the UNT logo

Oh and Era uses our fight song

Edited by Keith7

I think the university put an end to their use of it after last season, although I haven't seen them play this season?

Rick

Looks like you're right. I found some photos of their old logo (which was identical to ours), but the 2009 Prosper Football website has a slightly altered version of the eagle logo.

Again, I'm just a bit confused as to why allowing high schools to use our logo is a bad thing. I failed in trying to prove my point by finding use of the longhorn logo at the high school level, but I know W.T. White used to use that logo...I guess universities are taking their trademarks more seriously now. And I am almost positive that FW Trimble Tech used the Texas Tech double-Ts, but not anymore.

I wonder if Garland's days of using the Georgia/Green Bay "G" are numbered too? It looks like several high schools use NFL logos and the SMU mustang appears to still be widely used in Texas. Texas High School Helmets

It's really not a big deal I guess, but it just seems sort of silly to ban the use of our logo at the HS level because, as the saying goes, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.