I Know We're Not Supposed To Compare Unt To Any Other Program...

The Vandals were also 3-21 over the past two seasons. Looks like their third year coach has them off the mat. Their situation couldn't have been any less dire than ours when we hired Dodge. Yes, here's another program who is getting it done. For whatever reason, we continue to wait...and be fed the same diet of "just look behind the scenes and you'll see it's on the right track" and "if you only knew how bad it was before" and "look at how well we're doing in women's athletics" etc., etc., etc. Always some excuse to take the focus off of what matters - wins and losses.

It certainly wasn't worse than Idaho, who hadn't had a winning season since 1999, when Dodge was hired. Yet, another program is showing that you don't have to wait forever and ever and ever to win. It's as frustrating as ever, yo. Guess I'm happy for the Vandal fans? Kibbie Kraziness?

Almonds are good. I've eaten about half a bag today.

The Vandals were also 3-21 over the past two seasons. Looks like their third year coach has them off the mat. Their situation couldn't have been any less dire than ours when we hired Dodge. Yes, here's another program who is getting it done. For whatever reason, we continue to wait...and be fed the same diet of "just look behind the scenes and you'll see it's on the right track" and "if you only knew how bad it was before" and "look at how well we're doing in women's athletics" etc., etc., etc. Always some excuse to take the focus off of what matters - wins and losses.

It certainly wasn't worse than Idaho, who hadn't had a winning season since 1999, when Dodge was hired. Yet, another program is showing that you don't have to wait forever and ever and ever to win. It's as frustrating as ever, yo. Guess I'm happy for the Vandal fans? Kibbie Kraziness?

How about NMSU being 3-4 under a 1st year coach??? Lets not forget the fact they are now a Pro Style Offense under the new guy. They were a spread offense the last 4 years.

I've been keeping an eye on the Vandals too. I guess they can attribute their success this season to the coach, the WAC conference affiliation, and their excellent football stadium. Wait, don't they play in the Kibbie Dome with 16,000 seats?

I've been keeping an eye on the Vandals too. I guess they can attribute their success this season to the coach, the WAC conference affiliation, and their excellent football stadium. Wait, don't they play in the Kibbie Dome with 16,000 seats?

Fixed seating number or actual capacity? :rolleyes:

Are you counting toilet stalls?

Because technically, people can sit in there. That's at least a few dozen more, right there.

But, they can't really watch the game from in there, now can they? However, if the radio feed is begin pumped in there, and a guy doesn't mind the cramped quarters...you could probably shoe horn in another few dozen on top of the 32,000.

Here's another possibility, they could have a day where people are allowed to scale the Kibbie Dome and cut themselves a hole in the top of it to watch the game. This would not only increase attendance, but would also promote physical fitness.

But, they can't really watch the game from in there, now can they? However, if the radio feed is begin pumped in there, and a guy doesn't mind the cramped quarters...you could probably shoe horn in another few dozen on top of the 32,000.

Here's another possibility, they could have a day where people are allowed to scale the Kibbie Dome and cut themselves a hole in the top of it to watch the game. This would not only increase attendance, but would also promote physical fitness.

It doesn't matter... The Denton Record-Chronicle would just post some "photo" showing empty seats and draw certain inevitable and obvious conclusions.

Damn newspapers. And internet.

North Texas is what it is. We are a losing NCAA football team hanging on to some past winning moments, and hoping for more.

Agreed. Historically this is a god awful football program and we have always been losers for the most part. This is why the status quo and the expectations are so low if there are any even from our great and dedicated alumni. If NT compiles some strong winning seasons we will see a difference in attendance and overall support of NT athletics and the school itself.

you guys sure do seem to know a lot about the kibbie dome, have any of you guys actually been there? if it seats 16G that could be one heck of a home field advantage, filling that place up and making some noise...

Agreed...I don't get the ire some have for Kibbie...most unique place to play a college football game I know of.

As for size, Cameron Indoor Stadium has about 8500 seats.