Cu Made A Qb Change, Upset Kansas...

Article about father and son coach/QB combos: http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_13581247

Dan Hawkins finally benched his son this weekend and the team upset #17 Kansas with Tyler Hansen leading the way. Could we pull an upset at Troy with Nathan Tune?

Anyway, I like Mark Richt's honesty on the subject:

"Georgia coach Mark Richt helped persuade his son Jon to accept a scholarship with rival Clemson last year.

'I felt like it was going to be tough, especially at the quarterback position, to have your son playing for you," Richt told The (Rock Hill, S.C.) Herald at the time. "I didn't want the pressure of trying to be unbiased, because I'm not. I love the kid. ... I didn't want to put the pressure on our staff, and I didn't want my wife, who's our water girl, to tell me who we should start at quarterback.'"

Article about father and son coach/QB combos: http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_13581247

Dan Hawkins finally benched his son this weekend and the team upset #17 Kansas with Tyler Hansen leading the way. Could we pull an upset at Troy with Nathan Tune?

Anyway, I like Mark Richt's honesty on the subject:

"Georgia coach Mark Richt helped persuade his son Jon to accept a scholarship with rival Clemson last year.

'I felt like it was going to be tough, especially at the quarterback position, to have your son playing for you," Richt told The (Rock Hill, S.C.) Herald at the time. "I didn't want the pressure of trying to be unbiased, because I'm not. I love the kid. ... I didn't want to put the pressure on our staff, and I didn't want my wife, who's our water girl, to tell me who we should start at quarterback.'"

If Tune leads us to a victory over Troy he is the starter for the rest of the year and next. TD will have to install a wildcat system that will enable him to put Riley on the field. Riley is one of the most talented players on the roster , even if he's not the starting QB he needs to be on the field.

If Tune leads us to victory and Riley takes back over , all hell will break loose.

Imgaine all the talent around him next year if Tune is the QB. Riley, Stafford, Cole, Dunbar, Carey , Lewis... now that's some dangerous weapons

Edited by NT03

If Tune can play defense, maybe so.....

... don't get the Dodge/Tune stuff today. Expected it, but don't get it. Offense moved with Dodge. Offense moved with Tune. Bad turnovers with Dodge, bad turnovers with Tune. Dunbar ran wild with Dodge, Dunbar ran wild with Tune.

Meanwhile, the defense makes a sieve look like the Berlin Wall. Hold a winless Sun Belt team to 39 points in your own building, you win. Simple as that.

Edited by CaribbeanGreen

... don't get the Dodge/Tune stuff today. Expected it, but don't get it. Offense moved with Dodge. Offense moved with Tune. Bad turnovers with Dodge, bad turnovers with Tune. Dunbar ran wild with Dodge, Dunbar ran wild with Tune.

Meanwhile, the defense makes a sieve look like the Berlin Wall. Hold a winless Sun Belt team to 39 points in your own building, you win. Simple as that.

Bingo.

I wanna bench some people on that defense.

No, you are wrong (LOL). If they score 50 on us, then we have got to score 51 score 3 we just have to score 4. The defense nor the defensive staff is responsible for the points allowed stat, nor any stat for that matter. All phases of the game are the responsibility of the offense. Not Deloach, just Dodge should shoulder any blame. Now if we ever win, then I think we should change North Tx Blvd to Gary Deloach Blvd.