Ball State Still Winless ..now 0-7

SUMG

They've got 5 games left.

I wonder if in NCAA history....there's ever been a team that went from being undefeated in the regular season one year.........to being winless the next year. They've got a decent shot at doing that.

Losing their head coach Brady Hoke & Nate Davis is killing them. I wonder if BSu keeps their HC after this year? The guy's overall record is as bad as Dodge's.

Edited by Got5onIt

Ohio is 5-2, though. And, we hung in there with them into OT. Note: Mickey Tettleton's son, Tyler, got some game time today with the Bobcats.

Alabama, 7-0

UMT...just kidding, MUTS, 3-3

Louisana, 4-2

Yes, Ball State has had a huge drop off. But, we've played some decent teams so far this season. There haven't been any gimmies...although, I thought FAU was a gimmie this year. I just thought that FAU had so many new starters on defense - eight - that it would overshadow what they had returning on offense. Their defense was even worse than I expected...but, dadgum, ya'll...Rusty Smith is a good QB.

Ohio is 5-2, though. And, we hung in there with them into OT. Note: Mickey Tettleton's son, Tyler, got some game time today with the Bobcats.

Alabama, 7-0

Louisana, 4-2

Yes, Ball State has had a huge drop off. But, we've played some decent teams so far this season. There haven't been any gimmies...although, I thought FAU was a gimmie this year. I just thought that FAU had so many new starters on defense - eight - that it would overshadow what they had returning on offense. Their defense was even worse than I expected...but, dadgum, ya'll...Rusty Smith is a good QB.

I hope he's a senior.

Alabama, 7-0

Louisana, 4-2

I too thought we would win vs FAU , but then I thought to myself Schnelly & Rusty vs the Dodge's ???? If we don't beat them next year I will be HIGHLY disappointed.....again

I too thought we would win vs FAU , but then I thought to myself Schnelly & Rusty vs the Dodge's ???? If we don't beat them next year I will be HIGHLY disappointed.....again

Yeah, but, dude...we almost did beat Schnelly and Smith! The thing wasn't offense. You figured they'd score with Smith, Gent, and that tight end who wasn't supposed to play. But, you rarely get a shot at defenses with so many new players. And, as I figured, we were able to gash that defense with our experienced OL. It just wasn't enough. Really disappointed in the defense and special teams, man. We're cooked, for sure, if those start falling apart again.

Guest GrayEagleOne

Yes, we were a dropped pass away from beating Ohio and a holding call away from beating Louisiana. Maybe even a fumble out of bounds that wasn't called correctly from beating FAU but the fact is we didn't. We don't know how to win. There is a breakdown in the offense one week, the defense another wee, the special teams yet another week and it seems like the coaching every week.

We made a number of mistakes against Ball State too, they just weren't a strong enough team to overcome them.

Of all the words of tongue and pen, the saddest of these is "it might have been." Wake me when the coaching staff works out the kinks (if they ever do).

Edited by GrayEagleOne

Yes, we were a dropped pass away from beating Ohio and a holding call away from beating Louisiana. Maybe even a fumble out of bounds that wasn't called correctly from beating FAU but the fact is we didn't. We don't know how to win. There is a breakdown in the offense one week, the defense another wee, the special teams yet another week and it seems like the coaching every week.

We made a number of mistakes against Ball State too, they just weren't a strong enough team to overcome them.

Of all the words of tongue and pen, the saddest of these is "it might have been." Wake me when the coaching staff works out the kinks (if they ever do).

This is what concerns me - yes we are getting better from the standpoint of these games being closer, but if the team as well as the coaching staff never figures out how to win, we will just keep doing what we have done for 30 games the rest of this year and the next two years. They need to figure it out soon, because Dodge isn't going anywhere.

Alabama, 7-0

Louisana, 4-2

It's much easier to look good (especially when you are an 8th year QB) when you don't get ANY PRESSURE put on you for 3 1/2 quarters of the game.