Gmac Bowl (mobile) To Announce

SUMG

http://blog.al.com/press-register-sports/2...ference_go.html

This is great news. But, I didn't like the part where it says that if there is a 6-6 SEC or ACC team, they can be taken if the matchup is more compelling. BTW....Voy Board Scottie sent me this article, so he gets the credit for finding it.

Edited by SUMG

http://blog.al.com/press-register-sports/2...ference_go.html

This is great news. But, I didn't like the part where it says that if there is a 6-6 SEC or ACC teanm, they can be taken if the matchup is more compelling. BTW....Voy Board Scottie sent me this article, so he gets the credit for finding it.

It doesn't really say who would get bumped in favor of an SEC or ACC team. It could be that the better matchup was between closer SBC and SEC teams to Mobile; or both MAC and SBC knocked out too. I could see a Troy/Ole Miss game drawing a lot more regional fans than a Central Michigan/Boston College game would.

Yeah...but look at the deal strictly from a UNT point of view (not Troy or USA). I'd bet almost all SEC teams are close or closer to Mobile than NT is. So anytime a SEC team is 6-6....I think they would be chosen over US.

And since we aren't really close to Mobile....I could see a Boston College or Va. Tech or Maryland chosen over NT....just because of their name value.

So once again, Wright Waters has a bowl agreement where you have to wait to see what happens with other teams, in other leagues, before knowing if a SBC team would even be considered.

So once again, Wright Waters has a bowl agreement where you have to wait to see what happens with other teams, in other leagues, before knowing if a SBC team would even be considered.

Buzzz. Wrong. Thanks for playing.

Go ahead mark this down. Sun Belt champ is going to Mobile one or two years of the agreement.

The opt-out applies only to the MAC.

The opt-out will only apply when.

1. SEC or ACC have a 6-6 not tied to a bowl game.

2. The MAC representative can be placed in another game.

3. No other 7 or better is out there without a place to go.

Now, tell me quickly. What bowl game with a vacancy is going to say please, please, please, Mobile release your 8 or 9 win MAC team so we can have them? Any bowl worth its salt laughs at Mobile and signs the available SEC or ACC team rather than take the MAC team.

The opt-out is a load of garbage placed in the MAC's agreement so a couple BCS jock sniffers on the Mobile Bowl committee could be appeased. Probably a couple old farts who can't figure out why they can't get SEC #3 or #4 vs. ACC #2 or #3 in the game. Put some meaningless language in the agreement to get them to shut up and keep putting their money in.

At least once and maybe twice Mobile is going to be MAC #1 vs. Sun Belt #2 and we're going to find out just how well this league has grown.

Hope you're right AK.... New Orleans and Mobile are much more appealing the Detroit...

I'm right.

1/2 will go New Orleans and Mobile on some sort of rotation.

We will sign 2-3 backup deals between New Mexico, the new Dallas game, Detroit, and whomever gets SEC #9.

For the 2010-13 bowl cycle will be guaranteed two bowl teams and most years will get three and might sneak in a fourth.