Which Would Make You Happier?

Keith7

Riley driving down the field and turning the ball over or Vizza going three and out 15 times a game?

As I stated elsewhere:

Last year we averaged 363 ypg; 236 passing and 127 rushing. We scored 20 ppg.

This year, we average 383 ypg; 210 passing and 173 rushing. We score 22.4 ppg.

But, if anyone is having more fun with the offense this year, please don't stop enjoying it on my account. It's up to all of us to find what we enjoy best. For me, it's the defense.

As I stated elsewhere:

But, if anyone is having more fun with the offense this year, please don't stop enjoying it on my account. It's up to all of us to find what we enjoy best. For me, it's the defense.

A second from here for the defense.

Rick

As I stated elsewhere:

Qouner,

While I agree the offense leaves a lot to be desired. And, I also get a semi thinking about how good this defense can be. I dont think your comparison holds water. The typical North Texas production curve should move higher as the season progresses and we get further away from the body bag games. To be 20 ypg and 2.4 ppg improved over last years totals with only five games in the till including the Alabama stomping should be considered a nice improvement.

Qouner,

While I agree the offense leaves a lot to be desired. And, I also get a semi thinking about how good this defense can be. I dont think your comparison holds water. The typical North Texas production curve should move higher as the season progresses and we get further away from the body bag games. To be 20 ypg and 2.4 ppg improved over last years totals with only five games in the till including the Alabama stomping should be considered a nice improvement.

Agree. I especially think the rushing numbers are going to continue to get better as the season goes on and we have a fully operation Dunbar and Cam. I love that we are running more often and with more success. I just didn't like the insinuation that we are seeing some kind of new wild and crazy air raid this season the likes of which we have never seen. What would be really fun - and long forgotten - will be when we beat up someone to the tune of a 3 or 4 touchdown win. I know LongJim rolls his eyes, when I say it, but as the last two weeks have shown, there is no reason (except for ourselves) we can't average more than 30 ppg in conference play.

Agree. I especially think the rushing numbers are going to continue to get better as the season goes on and we have a fully operation Dunbar and Cam. I love that we are running more often and with more success. I just didn't like the insinuation that we are seeing some kind of new wild and crazy air raid this season the likes of which we have never seen. What would be really fun - and long forgotten - will be when we beat up someone to the tune of a 3 or 4 touchdown win. I know LongJim rolls his eyes, when I say it, but as the last two weeks have shown, there is no reason (except for ourselves) we can't average more than 30 ppg in conference play.

Man, I love essentially pointless but fun football talk. I agree with your hypothesis. I personally love a dominant ground game. Absolutely love it. And you're right--this offense isn't about air raid or wingading down the field. It's (cliche) taking what the defense will give you, and making them pick their poison. It's a pretty good offense, actually. My eye-rolling is only to say that when this team gets to where it needs to be, it will win the 24-7 and 28-10 games. It's more realistic when you consider the parity in the SBC now, and really, even with a flubberish team like Tech, that's what their offense generates when they meet a team that can defense the wingding. I just believe that IF your offense can put 30 up, then you should win the game. You really should win the game with 27 or 28 points in my opinion. That's my basis for those comments. I guess what I mean is that we shouldn't EXPECT to score 30 every game, but IF we score 30, we should win.

This post makes little sense. Sorry.

Learning curve for Riley.... They both turned/turn it over way too much... Eliminate the mental mistakes and we can start racking up those 2-3 TD wins.. We had a chance to bury both Ohio and ULaLa and didn't... We're learning and getting better...

Our O-line makes me coo-coo for Cocoa Puffs (happy)...

Qouner,

How do his stats compare for the first 5 games from last year to this year? That would tell even more.

Last year we averaged through 5 games 343.8 ypg; 233.8 passing and 109.8 rushing. We scored 13 ppg. This includes a games with 420 yds passing against Tulsa. Really brought the average up.

And to restate this year: we average 383 ypg; 210 passing and 173 rushing. We score 22.4 ppg.

Going by these stats, this year is much more improved than last