Jump Off The Bandwagon Gang...

ParksAndRecRick

The improvment of the Mean Green continues to amaze me. This team is night and day from the last two years. And, what that means to me is that some wins are right around the corner. I said it last week...and I continue to believe it...this team reminds me of the turnaround team years ago. Their time will come! I am very proud of the team, the Coaches, the redshirt freshman quarterback and the rest. When they ended up losing...the only people I felt sorry for were the team and the coaches.

I sure didn't feel sorry for the "sky is falling and fire the coach" fans....which are a trademark of this University. So, I say it now. When we begin winning, we will welcome you back aboard the ship again, cause that is what we do.

I'm very happy most recruits and players don't read this message board. There is no way in hell you could I would go to UNT or play for UNT with this attitude. However, to the players and recruits who do read this message board....please understand not all the Mean Green faithful are militants! We do believe in the power of the Green.

To my pal Harry Miers, one of my happiest times was when the board crashed last night. It left me some time before I had to read how we chocked and how we should change quarterbacks and why we should change coaching staffs. But, thankfully the Board is back... and here we go!

Gang, you will be welcome back when the winning starts....and it will.

To the players and Coaches..... "I believe in the Mean Green!" The continued improvment and passion is evident with each passing week.

See ya Saturday at Fouts!

ParksAndRecRick

The improvment of the Mean Green continues to amaze me. This team is night and day from the last two years. And, what that means to me is that some wins are right around the corner. I said it last week...and I continue to believe it...this team reminds me of the turnaround team years ago. Their time will come! I am very proud of the team, the Coaches, the redshirt freshman quarterback and the rest. When they ended up losing...the only people I felt sorry for were the team and the coaches.

I sure didn't feel sorry for the "sky is falling and fire the coach" fans....which are a trademark of this University. So, I say it now. When we begin winning, we will welcome you back aboard the ship again, cause that is what we do.

I'm very happy most recruits and players don't read this message board. There is no way in hell you could I would go to UNT or play for UNT with this attitude. However, to the players and recruits who do read this message board....please understand not all the Mean Green faithful are militants! We do believe in the power of the Green.

To my pal Harry Miers, one of my happiest times was when the board crashed last night. It left me some time before I had to read how we chocked and how we should change quarterbacks and why we should change coaching staffs. But, thankfully the Board is back... and here we go!

To the players and Coaches..... "I believe in the Mean Green!" The continued improvment and passion is evident with each passing week.

ParksAndRecRick

Well put...and I too was quite happy when the board crashed right after I finished typing up a profanity lace tirade for the fire Todd Dodge thread that certainly would've earned my a healthy ban.

Couldn't agree more. I think it's silly to expect your coach to be better than 4-25, to expect your quarterback to score more points for you than the other team when he's just a poor little freshman (ehhhh Matt Barkley, you're messin up my argument), or for fans to demand to see "wait til next year" bear some fruit. No, in true north Texas fashion we should chalk mounting losses up to forces clearly out of our hands and label all who grow tired of perpetual waiting for success as "negative" or "bandwagon" fans. Let me ask this though, just out of curiosity, what exactly has this coach done in three years to have filled up a bandwagon for someone to jump off of?

ParksAndRecRick

Rick you know I appreciate your spirit! I agree with you there are some positives to take from what was a difficult loss last night. GMG!

Rick you know I appreciate your spirit! I agree with you there are some positives to take from what was a difficult loss last night. GMG!

Well, I had wondered at some point if improvement would lead us to being more competitive and still losing the yes, closer games. Some who have watched teams go through such a phase of losing a lot of close ones (I won't mention those teams names) have said that is really difficult to watch.

The reason I was so frustrated by last night's loss is because we SHOULD have won. That is at least a better sign than last year, when we probably didn't even deserve to win the one game that we did pull out.

I hated the ending of the game yesterday -- but it wasn't the end of the world and is not a sign that we will never be better, quite the opposite.

Remember when it was all about competitive, exciting football and all we longed for was not being blown out of the game by the end of the 1st quarter? With the exception of a game and a half, we've had that this year. Saturday was a bitter pill to swallow, but it was a fun game to watch with the big momentum swings. Sure there were some mistakes, but there were a lot of great plays too. Even the refs (grown adults that get paid for what they do) made some mistakes. The human element and the chance for glory or disaster is part of what makes the game fun to watch. Go Mean Green!

Keith