The Morning After...

UNTflyer

I will concede that it is much better to be competitive compared to last year's weekly beat down, but it is still frustrating to think that this team could easily be 4-1 if the team could eliminate the turnovers and bonehead mistakes:

Ohio - Goal-line fumble by Dodge and a pick-6 by Tune, lost by 1 point.

MTSU - 5 turnovers in a 16-point loss, one of them a critical 3rd quarter fumble on the MTSU 20 yd line.

ULa-La - Two early picks and a fumble that put us behind, a blocked punt for a TD, lost by 4.

I know people are tired of hearing this but the fact that we've had the mistakes we've had still shows how young we are. But now, instead of giving up 70, we're in every game. That shows we're improving.

A blocked punt and pick six and we're still up 10 late? The defense has been pretty good this year and the team appears to have some heart to it.

We only lose 8 seniors next year?

Stay the course.....

One thing is that every year of Dodge's tenure we've been rebuilding. Year 1 was year 1, Year 2 was a new defense, year 3 is a freshman QB.

If we can build on what we've started I think we're going to start winning conference championships again.

I thought this was going to be a week where we could win with a (-3) turnover ratio.

17 of 29 games during the Dodge tenure giving up 3+ turnovers. 1 win when we let up 3+.

Ulala defense was jumping our slants, flats, and out routes less than 10 yds all game.

When you turn the ball over 4 times you are lucky to be in the game at the end, and you don't deserve to win.

Our defense deserves wins this year. You can blame the defense for not coming through in the clutch, but when they make key stops at the beginning of the game after being put in awful field position by offensive turnovers, you can't blame the loss on them.

They won their game. The pick 6 lost the real one.