Phil Steele's Latest Power Ratings

MeanGreen61

Oh never mind I thought I was looking at ratings. Interesting that we have fallen, to bad we could not pull out the Ohio game and buried ourselves against MUTS.

Also noticed Ball State is right behind us now.

Also surprised to see ULL behind us, guess the thumpings they took the last two weeks left an impression

Edited by untbowler

I am guessing they got the rankings reversed??? No way WKY is #88 and MTSU is #111

"ratings," not "rankings."

I had the same initial reaction and had to do a double-take.

[disregard. you had already caught it before I could finish typing]

Edited by Shuke-D

This is a smart guy, Phil Steele...

OU, with one loss, is ranked ahead of Texas in the Big 12. Yeah, okay.

UAB has already beaten Rice by 20. And, Rice is winless. So, Steele ranks Rice ahead of UAB. Of course. Who could possibly argue this one?

He's got Texas Tech, with two losses, ahead of three unbeaten Big 12 teams. Sure. That makes sense.

Ohio State, with one loss, over three other undefeated Big Ten (or 11) teams. Uh, huh.

Pittsburgh and their loss, in Steele's genius formula, is ranked ahead of the two unbeaten school from the Big East. I tell ya...it just keeps getting better!

And, he's got a winless Florida Atlantic ahead of us. Hmm.

I can see why people follow this guy's stuff. It all makes very good sense...if you set the reality of actual game results aside.

This is a smart guy, Phil Steele...

OU, with one loss, is ranked ahead of Texas in the Big 12. Yeah, okay.

UAB has already beaten Rice by 20. And, Rice is winless. So, Steele ranks Rice ahead of UAB. Of course. Who could possibly argue this one?

He's got Texas Tech, with two losses, ahead of three unbeaten Big 12 teams. Sure. That makes sense.

Ohio State, with one loss, over three other undefeated Big Ten (or 11) teams. Uh, huh.

Pittsburgh and their loss, in Steele's genius formula, is ranked ahead of the two unbeaten school from the Big East. I tell ya...it just keeps getting better!

And, he's got a winless Florida Atlantic ahead of us. Hmm.

I can see why people follow this guy's stuff. It all makes very good sense...if you set the reality of actual game results aside.

So what are you trying to say?

Guest GrayEagleOne

1. Phil Steele is not infallible. Come to think of it, neither is anyone else.

2. Sometimes it takes a while for the data to change the team's power rating.

3. Most computer rankings differ due to what they perceive is the strength of schedule.

4. The best team does not always win.

5. Rosters could be different when two teams meet causing the results to be aberrant