Remember The Crappy Kibbie Dome?

SUMG

That dump seats what....17,000?

Anyway, this sort of surprised me. Earlier this year, San Diego State played there....a non-conference game. I know SDSU isn't the greatest name team...but not bad.

And this week on ESPNU......they host Colorado State.

I'd definitely love a home and home with CSU or SDSU. Both are great road trips.

BTW....the Vandals are 3-1 with wins over Northern Illinois, SDSU and NMSU.

And yes this relates to NT football....because it shows that if they can get teams like this to their craphole....we ought to get some decent games in Denton......even if our place seats 28,000.

Edited by SUMG

Guest GrayEagleOne

John, the Kibbie Dome only seats 16,000. But...you'll have to check to see where they are playing those games. They are only about eight miles from Washington State's Martin Stadium (capacity 37,600) and frequently use it to attract higher profile teams.

Guest JohnDenver

TECH just played in Houston in front of 32k.

Yes, but we are 4-4 with Tech in our all time series. They don't have interest in playing a school that has history of playing them well.

John, the Kibbie Dome only seats 16,000. But...you'll have to check to see where they are playing those games. They are only about eight miles from Washington State's Martin Stadium (capacity 37,600) and frequently use it to attract higher profile teams.

Buddy...I did check (Idaho's Vandals website) before posting. I wondered too if they might be at WSU. But both are listed as being in the Kibbie Dome.

TECH just played in Houston in front of 32k.

Also earlier this year......

Colorado played at Toledo (capacity of the Glass Bowl: 26,248)

and Mizzzou just played at Nevada (capacity: 29,993).

Anyway, I want our stadium to be over 30,000 (listed capacity). But dealing with the reality of the situation....I don't think it will be.

Edited by SUMG

Yes, but we are 4-4 with Tech in our all time series. They don't have interest in playing a school that has history of playing them well.

I seriously doubt that this has anything to do with not scheduling against us. I know we like to think that because we played them well years ago we would continue to do so but lets be honest with ourselves....

Any of the east coast schools would play in a stadium that size. Colorado would. Miami. The issue would be getting them to play here in the first place, or them agreeing to a home and home without buying out the contract. It won't be because the stadium is sub-par. That stadium will be one of--if not the--nicest "mid-major" stadiums in the country.

I seriously doubt that this has anything to do with not scheduling against us. I know we like to think that because we played them well years ago we would continue to do so but lets be honest with ourselves....

And what makes you so right ? UNT did well vs Tech (except for the last game) and actually led the series 4-2. It is doubtful that Tech has any interest in playing UNT. They certainly do not have fond memories of past games.

That dump seats what....17,000?

Anyway, this sort of surprised me. Earlier this year, San Diego State played there....a non-conference game. I know SDSU isn't the greatest name team...but not bad.

And this week on ESPNU......they host Colorado State.

I'd definitely love a home and home with CSU or SDSU. Both are great road trips.

BTW....the Vandals are 3-1 with wins over Northern Illinois, SDSU and NMSU.

And yes this relates to NT football....because it shows that if they can get teams like this to their craphole....we ought to get some decent games in Denton......even if our place seats 28,000.

Along those same lines: Troy just announced a home and home w Mississippi State. Previously Troy had home-and-homes with Missouri and Oklahoma State. Yes, Virginia, there is a santa claus, and you can get home-and-home series with schools from automatic qualifier conferences.

Along those same lines: Troy just announced a home and home w Mississippi State. Previously Troy had home-and-homes with Missouri and Oklahoma State. Yes, Virginia, there is a santa claus, and you can get home-and-home series with schools from automatic qualifier conferences.

Troy's series with Miss State isn't exactly a home-home. One game at Troy(2012), two at Miss State (2013,2015). Missouri was also a 1-2. At Missouri 2002,2005. At Troy 2004.

Edited by MeanGreen61

Scoring Summary (Final)

San Diego (1-2) vs. Idaho (2-1,1-0)

Date: Sep 19, 2009 Site: Moscow, Idaho Stadium: Kibbie Dome

Attendance: 10324

Score by Quarters 1 2 3 4 Score

----------------- -- -- -- -- -----

San Diego........... 0 10 3 7 - 20

Idaho............... 14 6 0 14 - 34

Guest GrayEagleOne

Scoring Summary (Final)

San Diego (1-2) vs. Idaho (2-1,1-0)

Date: Sep 19, 2009 Site: Moscow, Idaho Stadium: Kibbie Dome

Attendance: 10324

Score by Quarters 1 2 3 4 Score

----------------- -- -- -- -- -----

San Diego........... 0 10 3 7 - 20

Idaho............... 14 6 0 14 - 34

Well then, I wonder how much was the payoff. San Diego State is not going to endure the expense of going to Moscow, ID to split a gate that a 10,000 attended crowd would provide. If easch attendee had to buy a $30 ticket that would only gross $300K. I'm curious to know if there was enough TV money for the Vandals to break even.

We could possibly get a decent team with a 5-600,000 guarantee but the smaller the stadium the less chances of breaking even. Since our students enter free on presentation of ID we would have to take a portion of their fees to cover the deficit amount from the guarantee. I'm sure that it could be done but I doubt that we could make a profit and would realistically need 15,000 or so ticket buyers.

Edited by GrayEagleOne

Houston's stadium is a lot nicer than Fouts- mostly because you can actually see the field from the seats.

I think they took out their track and lowered the field. We were planning to do that at Fouts too (several different times) before a bunch of issues made moving a better option.

Well then, I wonder how much was the payoff. San Diego State is not going to endure the expense of going to Moscow, ID to split a gate that a 10,000 attended crowd would provide. If easch attendee had to buy a $30 ticket that would only gross $300K. I'm curious to know if there was enough TV money for the Vandals to break even.

We could possibly get a decent team with a 5-600,000 guarantee but the smaller the stadium the less chances of breaking even. Since our students enter free on presentation of ID we would have to take a portion of their fees to cover the deficit amount from the guarantee. I'm sure that it could be done but I doubt that we could make a profit and would realistically need 15,000 or so ticket buyers.

doesn't work that way. you'll never see us bring in a team just for one game, unless it's a I-AA.

Either we do the 2-1 thing with a bcs team, do 1-1 with a non-bcs team, or bring in a i-aa. Even TCU doesn't just bring in a name team for one game. You can get a 1-1 with a BCS team but it's rare.

SDSU was promised a certain amount of money to go to Idaho to fulfill their part of the series. Idaho gets the same amount when they go to San Diego.

It's getting harder and harder for the mid level BCS teams to fill out their schedules. They don't want to go on the road to play the big boys and the big boys certainly aren't going to their place. And why would the North Texas' of the world go to...let's say Maryland for one game when they can go to Alabama for that one game and get a big payday. So the Marylands have to sign a 2 for 1.

doesn't work that way. you'll never see us bring in a team just for one game, unless it's a I-AA.

Either we do the 2-1 thing with a bcs team, do 1-1 with a non-bcs team, or bring in a i-aa. Even TCU doesn't just bring in a name team for one game. You can get a 1-1 with a BCS team but it's rare.

SDSU was promised a certain amount of money to go to Idaho to fulfill their part of the series. Idaho gets the same amount when they go to San Diego.

It's getting harder and harder for the mid level BCS teams to fill out their schedules. They don't want to go on the road to play the big boys and the big boys certainly aren't going to their place. And why would the North Texas' of the world go to...let's say Maryland for one game when they can go to Alabama for that one game and get a big payday. So the Marylands have to sign a 2 for 1.

Rob is exactly right - non-BCS agree to the amount (usually about $175K) plus a return trip where they get the identical amount back. So Idaho probably gave SDSU a home game last year (or next year) and SDSU came to Moscow for $150K or $175K. When Idaho returns the trip, they get the same payout to help with travel. How the home team promotes the game is up to them... But wow - that attendance is terrible. 10,000 people showed up in Idaho for a MWC team? I am going to guess that Idaho lost money on the deal. They can't blame it on the weather, it is indoors. They can't blame it on a bad team - they are like 3-1 right now. Man oh man, I remember when the Vandals were the big dog and Boise was just trying to keep up. The times sure have changed.

Quick history question - what is the one and only ranked team that North Texas has beat?

Edited by stebo

Rob is exactly right - non-BCS agree to the amount (usually about $175K) plus a return trip where they get the identical amount back. So Idaho probably gave SDSU a home game last year (or next year) and SDSU came to Moscow for $150K or $175K. When Idaho returns the trip, they get the same payout to help with travel. How the home team promotes the game is up to them... But wow - that attendance is terrible. 10,000 people showed up in Idaho for a MWC team? I am going to guess that Idaho lost money on the deal. They can't blame it on the weather, it is indoors. They can't blame it on a bad team - they are like 3-1 right now. Man oh man, I remember when the Vandals were the big dog and Boise was just trying to keep up. The times sure have changed.

Quick history question - what is the one and only ranked team that North Texas has beat?

San Diego State.

Rick