Texas Knew Where To Play Riley And I Agree.

saysojoe

McCoy threw a pick 6 against a Miner team that basically lost 64-0.

Either he is a lousy QB or Mack can't coach. Which absolute is it?

thank you. it is not the time to start moving people around. if we're winless in conference heading into our final two game, maybe you play around. or how about the thought of giving riley a full year 'under center' and letting him adjust to the college game?

I love this board and all the people on here (well some more than others) because I know we are all on here for basically the same reasons, we love NT and we love college ball. It's funny to read posts on here one day that totally contradict what somebody said a few months, weeks, or even a few days ago. I'm not talking specifically about this thread or anybody that has contributed to this mosh pit, but at times Riley has been the second coming, the next week he's a limp wristed QB. Ford is a brilliant play caller, the next week he couldn't coach Pee Wee ball. DeLoach is in over his head, then he's a defensive mastermind that could single handedly bring down the entire Canandian Army (hell, who couldn't). Anyway, this is fun to read, get a good laugh, then take a dump and pray that I forget everything that my brain just ingested on this board.

Here's to beating La La!

Ford is a brilliant play caller, the next week he couldn't coach Pee Wee ball.

Really? Find one instance over the past three seasons where anyone - even the most ardent Dodge fluffer - said that Ford was "a brilliant play caller." It's been quite clear for 28 games now that he hasn't clue one what he's doing against college defenses.

Really? Find one instance over the past three seasons where anyone - even the most ardent Dodge fluffer - said that Ford was "a brilliant play caller." It's been quite clear for 28 games now that he hasn't clue one what he's doing against college defenses.

of all the funny stuff I tried to put into this post, that is all you got out of it? I really need to install that damn sarcasm button.

The Fake is back....another in a long line of posters on this board that "threatened" to never return.

Please, future quitters: don't say it if you don't mean it.

Instead, quietly walk away without a dramatic exit, quit posting, lurk daily and wait for the day that someone notices you are gone and posts a "What ever happened to (insert he who has been notably absent)" thread. When you see your name, begin posting again, usually rehashing the rhetoric that sent you away the first time, and repeat process.

Welcome home, Fake

GMG

Its time to put Riley at slot and be our "Shippley" for all the good things he does he takes a step backwards with the turnovers. Yes I know he is a redshirt but there is no way this young man makes it the next 4 years leading the Mean Green "O". The turnovers have been huge in the RedZone and have been gamechangers. Hes a tough kid but being tough can go so far. If the "O" keeps playing like this and keeps our "D" on the turff ....mayby one more win this year. Lets give Tune and Baine a shot with Riley on the field at the same time and see were that takes us.

Fire away at me folks.......I was there yesturday....and knew the lack luster game plane against Bama would carry over and boy did it the first half.

Muts put on a show on how to run the spread the right way....the quick no huddle.... never looking to the sideline for the play call is how its done. Our D were not even ready half the time the ball was snapped .

I just can't understand why Riley has so much to prove to some of you. He's going to make some mistakes and he's going to take some hard hits, but he's the best hope we have at winning over the long haul. He knows the system and has made many good reads this season. I've already heard several announcers and fans of opposing teams comment about how he would have been a national top 10 QB prospect if he was a few inches taller. Give him some time to adjust to playing QB at the college level. He's a smart kid and he'll learn to find the passing lanes. If you're looking for someone to blame, why not look for better separation from the receivers or better pass protection from the O-line? One thing I know about Riley is that he has the will to win and he'll do everything in his power to lead this team to victory. I can't wait to see him throwing to Stradford and William Cole. Cole can be a better Shipley than Riley and probably even Shipley, himself...or were you just making the white receiver comparison??

Patience is something has been gone around here for a long time. We don't have time to give Riley time, it has been to long already. ...... bleh bleh

he still has 2/3 of this season left. Lets see how we feel about him then.

It is amazing, he is the highest touted recruit that we have ever had come through this school and some of us are talking about him like he was an awkward 3rd string High school Freshman... come on!

I agree with hickoryhouse and gangrene. I really like what I've seen from Riley, thus far. He's definitely made mistakes, but his leadership, poise, and athletic ability are as advertised.

We still need to see if he can consistently complete a pass downfield (hasn't been called on enough to prove one way or another) and whether or not he can stay healthy. I think any QB running this system is going to take some knocks---look at the QBs from both schools Todd Dodge compared our offense to earlier this fall (Oregon and West Virginia). Over the last few years, both schools have had trouble keeping their 1st stringer healthy an entire season. That's the nature of the position in this style of offense.

Edited by TIgreen01

It is easier to fix mistakes than to upgrade talent. We now have the talent to win quite a few games, but we still need to learn not to make as many mistakes. It is called learning how to win and every young team goes through this phase. Fixing this is measured in games, unlike raising the talent level which is measured in seasons.