Drc Coverage

SilverEagle

http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/....1bd35ee88.html

Here's my favorite quote from Riley.......

“We’re not here to just get close to people,” UNT quarterback Riley Dodge said. “We are here to turn this program around. … I am getting sick and tired of talking about moral victories. There is no such thing as moral victories.”

Mr. Dodge, you and I are on the very same page. But try listening to people talk about moral victories for over 30 years and then see how sick you are...... <_<

"Moral" victories are about all that three interceptions and a fumble out of your overrated QB can provide. How many shoulder shrugs did he give the bench last night completely clueless as to what to do? He may can run and scramble, but if he coughs it up at the end, give me Tune who can stay in the pocket, throw more than thirty yards w/o it being a lame duck, and knows he is part of a team and doesn't have to prove he can win it all by himself.

http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/....1bd35ee88.html

Here's my favorite quote from Riley.......

“We’re not here to just get close to people,” UNT quarterback Riley Dodge said. “We are here to turn this program around. … I am getting sick and tired of talking about moral victories. There is no such thing as moral victories.”

Mr. Dodge, you and I are on the very same page. But try listening to people talk about moral victories for over 30 years and then see how sick you are...... <_<

This makes me smile. ...I agree with Riley, and I believe the truly feels this way as does the rest of those guys. Now it is time to use this frustration to your benefit. I am with the crowd that says EVERY game for the rest of this season is winnable, but the mental mistakes and the turn overs have to be minimized. The mental state of this team has to be low right now, and the break couldn't come at a better time. They have two weeks to prepare for a ULALA team that appears totally beatable, and I expect to be in every game for the rest of the season. The only two games I list as uphill challenges at this point are Troy and AkySt. We play OUR GAME and play as well as we have demonstrated we can, and we are the better team than ANYONE left on the schedule. Now it's time to execute.

To HELL with moral victories. Let's win some football games.

"Moral" victories are about all that three interceptions and a fumble out of your overrated QB can provide. How many shoulder shrugs did he give the bench last night completely clueless as to what to do? He may can run and scramble, but if he coughs it up at the end, give me Tune who can stay in the pocket, throw more than thirty yards w/o it being a lame duck, and knows he is part of a team and doesn't have to prove he can win it all by himself.

I was as frustrated as you but I have to keep reminding myself that he just started his 3rd game in college.

He's a RS freshman.

I know he's been in this offense his whole life but he's run it against this kind of size and speed 3 times.

He still has some maturing to do...

Edited by TheColonyEagle

You have to remember that the qb you're calling to replace our "Overrated QB" threw the pick 6 that cost us the Ohio game. The backup QB is always the better option in the minds of the angry.

Guest JohnDenver

You have to remember that the qb you're calling to replace our "Overrated QB" threw the pick 6 that cost us the Ohio game. The backup QB is always the better option in the minds of the angry.

High Five!

High Five!

Of course you guys also forget that Tune placed 2 passes perfectly that were dropped which would have won the game after coming in cold turkey. Bet lest forget RD throws an INT setting up a MUTS TD and then fumbles inside the 10 on what should have been a TD drive that makes the game even more interesting. If Tune should not have been the 2nd String then Dodge should use Baine or someone that has run the offense to his liking.

How valuable is the deep threat to this offense?

We all saw how wide-eyed Ball State was when Riley executed the zone read. But now it seems as if the lack of the deep threat is allowing the defenses to play downs within 5 - 7 yards from the line of scrimmage. We're getting some miraculously play at times from the O-Line and Cam/Lance, but I am beginning to think we are still missing all the links to challenge a D across the field.

Tune throws a better deep ball but right now I am not sure if that is worth giving up the mobility that Riley brings to the table. Tune defenders may point out all the dropped passes vs. Ohio, but there is no way he could have pulled off some of the circus stuff Riley had to do running for his life last night.

My humble opinion, MTSU's defensive front really disrupted any idea of dictating the game tempo in our favor. They got a lot of pressure on Riley and that makes any OC's gameplan look bad.

How valuable is the deep threat to this offense?

We all saw how wide-eyed Ball State was when Riley executed the zone read. But now it seems as if the lack of the deep threat is allowing the defenses to play downs within 5 - 7 yards from the line of scrimmage. We're getting some miraculously play at times from the O-Line and Cam/Lance, but I am beginning to think we are still missing all the links to challenge a D across the field.

Tune throws a better deep ball but right now I am not sure if that is worth giving up the mobility that Riley brings to the table. Tune defenders may point out all the dropped passes vs. Ohio, but there is no way he could have pulled off some of the circus stuff Riley had to do running for his life last night.

My humble opinion, MTSU's defensive front really disrupted any idea of dictating the game tempo in our favor. They got a lot of pressure on Riley and that makes any OC's gameplan look bad.

I couldn't agree more. We need to take at least on shot down field a half/quarter to keep DEF's honest.

I couldn't agree more. We need to take at least on shot down field a half/quarter to keep DEF's honest.

Our average catch (not pass attempt, but pass completion) goes for 8.9 yards. That makes us the worst in the Sun Belt.

ASU - 14.4

ULM - 12.7

MTSU - 12.3

Troy - 11.9

ULL - 11.2

FAU - 11.0

FIU - 10.4

WKU - 9.0

The only other team in the Belt that's below 10 yards per reception is WKU, which just benched their starting QB for offensive ineptitude.

Nobody in the league accomplishes less per completion than we do.

----------

In Dodge's first year, we struggled across the board, with particularly glaring incompetence on Defense. So after the season was done, we fired the high school coach who was our Defensive Coordinator. I think we're much better off for doing it.

In Dodge's second year, we struggled across the board, with particularly glaring incompetence on Special Teams. So after the season was done, we fired the high school coach who was our Special Teams Coordinator. I think we're much better off for doing it.

This year, with 1/3rd of the season already in the books... We're continuing to struggle on offense. This despite the fact that the guys running that side of the ball have had 3 recruiting classes and 3 spring/fall practices to put their system in place.

There are NFL scouts looking at the running back some of our fans are already starting to second-guess as inferior to Dunbar, we've thrown scholarships at every wide receiver within a 300 mile radius, our offensive line has the most experience of any team in the conference, and our quarterback has been running this system since he was the only sperm with certified 4.4 speed in the Dodgeballs.

And still the offense struggles to execute.

In my opinion, things on the offensive side of the ball need to get REAL GOOD, REAL FAST... Or there's another coordinator who ought to start polishing his resume in time for Christmas.

Looking it up for the entire NCAA... There are only 3 teams that average less than our 8.9 (more precisely, 8.85) yards per completion:

Central Michigan - 8.77

New Mexico - 8.57

Eastern Michigan - 8.25

New Mexico, you'll all recall, currently has Darrell Dickey as OC/Running Backs coach. So the difference between our current OC and a Dickey-run offense in 2009?

6.48 INCHES PER RECEPTION.