Some Thoughts On Unt-mtsu

NT03

I had posted earlier that I felt like the Middle Tennessee game was a "swing" game for our season. If we win, we go into an open week with a good feeling about the season. We would be 2-2 and easily could have been 3-1. We are 1-0 in conference play and head for La-Lafayette ready to go for he rest of the conference season. A loss would cause that first win over Ball State to look far less important. Before the game a good friend and I agreed that this game could go either way and thought a field goal would probably be the difference. At the half I was just sick. We had really stunk up the place. The second half was more competitive but Middle Tennessee looked a little less fired up at that point. In the middle of the fourth quarter the folks who sit behind us were leaving. The man said "Well, we are better than last year but we still have a long way to go". That one sentence might just sum up where we are right now. I am just tired to getting my tail beat week after week and year after year. We need to win some games.