Dode History?

Pen Yan Fan

Has there ever been a head coach in NCAA 1-A history that has a worse start to their head coaching career than Dodge? One thing that we never have to worry about is Dodge outcoaching another staff.

4-24

1-14 in Belt play

End the insanity

The only thing different this year is an improvement in the defense. The offense tonight in the first half was awful.

Four wins in 28 games is pretty bad. Just ask Tasty how incredibly important it is that we finish 6-6 this year.

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999

Todge seems to coddle these guys. Coach these kids aren't high school kids. You want them to play with passion, have a passionate game plan. I almost left at the half, and I never never leave a game that early. It's so frustrating and heartbreaking for me to see that we have not moved forward as a football program one bit. I really hope it changes, I really ant it to. It's so hard being a fan right now. But no matter how much my health would benefit from me stepping away from the program I will never turn my back on it. For once I want to feel what it's like to be a real football school.

let me first say that I have long been a fan of Dodge's and I have argued over and over again that he should be given at least this year to prove himself. however... there are a couple of things about his coaching that really has me concerned about his future as a college football coach. 1) Discipline. For all of the character guys that we recruit, we are the most undisciplined group of damn guys I have ever seen. Penalties. Late Hits. Taunting. I just don't get it. When you have this many discipline issues, it reflects on your head coach. 2) In game play calling. He doesn't adjust on the field. He didn't against Ohio and he didn't tonight. He had a game plan to throw the ball and to our dismay, he completely went away from the run game in the first half. When nothing was going our way, we did absolutely nothing to try and slow the game down.

I actually thought that Dodge finally made it work in the last half of the game. Barring the penalties and turnovers, the game was winnable, and probably a sure thing. That said, I think Dodge needs to get these guys focused and better disciplined both to prevent penalties and to prevent turnovers. These players also need to do these improvements on their own because they won't win another game otherwise. I think the physical caliber of players is there, but I think they need to cut the mental mistakes out or we'll have the same season we had last year.

I think our guys can still go 6-6 this season but they're gonna have to shore up the discipline issues. I see the potential in both the coaching and playing, but it's gotta come sooner. I've got hope for this season and unlike last year, there's signs it can happen.

I will say one thing. TD is MUCH more conservative than I thought he was when we hired him. I really expected him to be much more of an agressive attacking kind of coach, rather than a guy trying to avoid getting hurt too much. Seems that he has gotten less agressive over time, as we seemed to attack much more offensively during his first season. Again, we shall see.

I think Dodge and staff out-coached our staff in the second half.

Todd Dodge didn't cause all of those turnovers.

Don't turn it over and you win the game.

exactly. it's nearly impossible to win a game with 5 turnovers, a blocked field goal, and a botched 4th and 1. even with the sluggish start, we had a chance here going into the fourth.

penalties did hurt...just ask carrey

like i said in a previous post you dont go play alabama and LAY down for them and expect to turn in back on, it sends the wrong message. we were soft and just do not execute. i watched UTEP get blasted by UT today and they kept trying the whole game.

I think this is right. We were just flat in the first half....looked like we weren't ready to play (other than special teams). Very sad that we opened conference like this, but hopefully we come out strong against ULL in 2 weeks.

Has there ever been a head coach in NCAA 1-A history that has a worse start to their head coaching career than Dodge? One thing that we never have to worry about is Dodge outcoaching another staff.

4-24

1-14 in Belt play

End the insanity

Easy there Dickey, dont you have a job in New Mexico?

exactly. it's nearly impossible to win a game with 5 turnovers, a blocked field goal, and a botched 4th and 1. even with the sluggish start, we had a chance here going into the fourth.

Reporter: "Can you're team be ready for the playoffs?"

Coach: "PLAYOFFS?!?! Don't talk about PLAVOFFS! Are you kidding me?"

The Doge era is the worst in school history.

LOL Oh, you're serious.

yes we had 5 turnovers. yes we had a blocked field goal. yes we had a big interception. BUT how many times can we say this and not start thinking.... there is kinda a trend here. HOW COULD THIS TEAM POSSIBLY BE SO FLAT IN THE FIRST HALF? we have lost, 11 SBC games in a row and we come completely unfocsed. yes a blocked field goals, turnovers and PENALTIES mean there is a severe lack of focus. i give Dodge credit in the second half because he did adjust well, at half time BUT remember this... we are down 9 and there is around 8 minutes on the clock, we make a big play on defense, looks like we are going to hold them and get the ball back and WHAT HAPPENS? WE GET AN UNSPORTSMANLIKE PENALTY AND THEY SCORE ON THE NEXT PLAY. crap like that is coachable and falls back squarely on the head coach because it happens time and time again

I think Dodge and staff out-coached our staff in the second half.

Todd Dodge didn't cause all of those turnovers.

Don't turn it over and you win the game.

KAjunRaider hit the nail on the head. Dodge's tenure here has been characterized by turnovers. I don't know if you can coach out interceptions and turnovers. I don't remember, who can we blame for the 2 fumbles?

KAjunRaider hit the nail on the head. Dodge's tenure here has been characterized by turnovers. I don't know if you can coach out interceptions and turnovers. I don't remember, who can we blame for the 2 fumbles?

Vizza