Tv

hickoryhouse

Does anyone know if the game this weekend is televised around Dallas? I am going to try and make it up to D-town but some things are holding me back on the time front. I want to record it or at least find a place to watch for a few minutes if I can get away..

Thanks

GMG

I don't think this one is being televised.

Curious...If it's not televised, how are the officials able to review a questionable call ? Are all games televised or at least recorded ? I'm not talking about game film. I'm talking about two guys in the pressbox wearing sport coats and ties. Or do the officials look at the video that will later be refered to as "game film ?"

GO MEAN GREEN

Curious...If it's not televised, how are the officials able to review a questionable call ? Are all games televised or at least recorded ? I'm not talking about game film. I'm talking about two guys in the pressbox wearing sport coats and ties. Or do the officials look at the video that will later be refered to as "game film ?"

GO MEAN GREEN

I think the Conference rules require cameras, replay officials, etc., regardless of TV broadcast.

I need to give kudos to the Mean Green Premium site. The last couple of years the video was spotty at best and it would buffer a lot. I really think that they got their act together. For Ohio I logged on expecting it not to work or have major issues. But I didn't have one problem.

It loaded first time flawlessly, never buffered and the audio with George and Hank was always in sync. I even think the video is much improved. I had it full screen on my 22 inch monitor and it was very solid. To me definitely worth the $10 bucks a month. Oh yeah, I was also watching over my wireless network.

I would highly recommend using MGP for the games.

Wow, I just re-read my post and it kind of comes across that I'm a plant for MGP trying to get more people to sign up.

Haha. Well since I'm poor, it's my own cheap way of contributing to NT.

Patrick

I need to give kudos to the Mean Green Premium site. The last couple of years the video was spotty at best and it would buffer a lot. I really think that they got their act together. For Ohio I logged on expecting it not to work or have major issues. But I didn't have one problem.

It loaded first time flawlessly, never buffered and the audio with George and Hank was always in sync. I even think the video is much improved. I had it full screen on my 22 inch monitor and it was very solid. To me definitely worth the $10 bucks a month. Oh yeah, I was also watching over my wireless network.

Wow, I just re-read my post and it kind of comes across that I'm a plant for MGP trying to get more people to sign up.

Patrick

Good to hear from you. We need you back on the local radio waves. Hope things are going well.

Cliff/Clint/Chris/Craig in Denton

Edited by Green P1

Does anyone know what radio station down here in Houston would carry the game?

A couple of years ago they were broadcast on a small station out of Conroe, but the feed was spotty and sometimes the game wasn't even on. I don't think any stations down here carry the game anymore. Your best bet is either KNTU's website or The Word's website.

Good to hear from you. We need you back on the local radio waves. Hope things are going well.

Cliff/Clint/Chris/Craig in Denton

Thank you. I'm currently out of radio. Getting married showed me that I need more stability than radio can provide at times.

Although I know that my good friend Arnie Spanier is now in Dallas. He told me that if I'm interested I could probably come back there.

Tempting I must say.

Patrick

you can try this site also for your computer watching. scroll down to see the daily games or shows. try it during the missouri game tonight to see the pic.

http://channelsurfing.net/

I used that site a few weeks ago to watch the Texas-Wyoming game (DirecTV and Versus are in a lover's quarrel so Versus got the boot). I was quite impressed with the quality although I think it's just a bunch of guys with webcams pointed at their TVs...toward the end of the game, when Texas was pulling away, the guy started flipping channels or...channel surfing...so the name of the site definitely is appropriate.

Does anyone know what radio station down here in Houston would carry the game?

It used to be on The Word out of Conroe, but I believe that has become a casuality courtesy of The Mattress Man. He was a heavy advertiser on our game days, and it would be nice if he got over the DD situation and reinstated his support for us in more ways than one. I spend a lot of time in that area and really enjoyed having the radio option. It wasn't bad for recruiting either.

It used to be on The Word out of Conroe, but I believe that has become a casuality courtesy of The Mattress Man. He was a heavy advertiser on our game days, and it would be nice if he got over the DD situation and reinstated his support for us in more ways than one. I spend a lot of time in that area and really enjoyed having the radio option. It wasn't bad for recruiting either.

I miss it too, but that station was horrible. I live in the Klein area of Houston and could barely get reception. Listening on the computer is the best way down here now.

Patrick

Patrick, what are you doing these days?