U N T / Muts Bleacher Report - Primed For An Upset ?

MeanGreen61

finally a good analysis by an outsider....I sure hope MG can pull this one out....I do think the MTSU qb is more accurate than he is being given credit, but so is RD for the MG. I am concerned our DB's will not cover recievers tight enough, like in BAMA game. If NT can win this game , then they could win Sunbelt....that simple.

I really hope this game turns out to be as good as everyone is talking it up to be. I'd hate to have a major letdown although I wouldn't mind a UNT blowout.

If is 3/4 as good as the Ohio game it will be a good one. I would have loved to have won the Ohio game, but even with the loss it was a great game.

Guest JohnDenver

It is hard to read this one. Sure, BSU looks like a very bad team this year, so that victory may not be as good as it initially looked. However, we played well in the Ohio game, just came up short. Then we have one loss that was just an ass kicking of the highest order, but we didn't expect otherwise.

MT on the other hand, has beaten two teams and lost to one. The combined wins of those two teams beaten is TWO, both of those being FCS school. Both have lost every other FBS game. And MT has one loss, to a not ranked Clemson team, which they gave up a lot of points. Is that any better than being beaten by the #4 team in the country?

I dunno.

MT is a 6.5 pt favorite as of today.

#1 SBC passing offense (MTSU) vs. #1 passing defense (UNT).

#3 rushing offense (UNT) vs. #3 rushing defense (MTSU).

Scoring offense: #3 MTSU, #5 UNT.

Scoring defense: #3 MTSU, #4 UNT.

Total defense: #3 MTSU, #4 UNT.

Sacks #3 MTSU, #5 UNT.

TFL's: #1 MTSU, #6 UNT.

I expect UNT to do well on kick returns this week. If UNT can establish the run, I believe they will beat MTSU.

finally a good analysis by an outsider....I sure hope MG can pull this one out....I do think the MTSU qb is more accurate than he is being given credit, but so is RD for the MG. I am concerned our DB's will not cover recievers tight enough, like in BAMA game. If NT can win this game , then they could win Sunbelt....that simple.

Outsider? Ha. You should check out his other blogs and his favorite teams on his bio. Pretty far from an outsider. More like an alum

Those that can do...those that can't get PAID to make predictions. Snore! Unless you are wired into your local bookie, do you really pay attention to what any of these guys have to say? Some can be fun reads, but seems have some sort of team or conference bias that they really do not want you to know about, but which come through loud and clear to most folks. Anyway....I'd love to get paid to do that sort of thing and not have anyone take me serious either. Pretty much like at home with the bride.

GO MEAN GREEN!