Some Talk In 5atexasfootball

eulessismore

Surprising to me, but some in this thread are saying Jerry is not really that interested, leading to other venues, including Fouts, being considered.

What will replace Texas Stadium for high school playoff games?

I realize this may not belong in this forum, but it might be something of an opportunity, for now and in the future.

That's why the Marcus-Flower Mound is coming to Fouts this year...Idiots in Highland Park have limitations on the number of games played by High Schools at Ford Field...

We'll get more and more local HS games as the new stadium gets closer and this will undoubtedly help recruiting and brand awareness...

I posted something to this regard about the possibility of the two Lewisville series coming to Fouts instead of Cowboys Stadium a while back. I was surprisingly lambasted by the negative crowd about how it would cost us more to host the games, due to generator rentals or some nonsense, than it would be worth. Thankfully, the Lewisville AD was impressed by the new stadium plans and he and RV were able to come to an agreement...generator rentals and all! I read somewhere recently that the City of Arlington charges $100K just for city services (police, fire, etc) at a single event. Now, I imagine that cost is somewhat dependent on expected attendance and personnel requirements based on that attendance, but that's a LOT of money. I also read that Texas Stadium charged a $5000 rental fee for high school games, whereas the rental fee at Cowboys Stadium in $15,000.

I think it would benefit UNT to host as many quality HS games as possible, especially 4A and 5A playoff games. This will be even more important as we move to the new stadium....think of it as a second chance to make a first impression. The more students and student-athletes we can get to interact with UNT in person, the better.