Unt Has Bigger Concerns Than Alabama Loss

Brett Vito

So why don't we just forfeit the rest of the season since Vito says it will be tough. If we forfeit then Vito can spend the remainder of the season covering middle school football in Denton. It wasn't over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor and it ain't over until we say it's over.

I didnt see anything in the Alabama game that concerned me? We went in, the guys played hard, we left with the money. The real test comes this Saturday against the Muts. Riley will be back, hopefully Gill will be back, and the playing field will be a bit more level. Positives from the Alabama game - simple... We have a great punter and the running game is good. Cam did have a few good carries against what some consider the best offensive front four in college football. (Especially with Cody up front... that guy was a freakin hoss).

Let's play the Muts and see where we really stand. I'm still very confident in this team. Oh, and thanks to Waco at the PourHouse... Great ribs while watching our boys get mauled.

GMG!!!

So why don't we just forfeit the rest of the season since Vito says it will be tough. If we forfeit then Vito can spend the remainder of the season covering middle school football in Denton. It wasn't over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor and it ain't over until we say it's over.

The Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

The only problem I have is that he disses the offense without crediting the defense. Our defense gave up what? 47.6 points per game last year?? This year's team has given up 31.3 if you include the points scored by Ohio in the OT. But, since Brett wants to make our offense look more pitiful by leaving out our OT points, then it's only fair we do the same for the points our defense gave up in OT - in which case, would mean that the defense has only given up 27.6 points per game in regulation time. Now, that's not a great defense by any stretch of the imagination, but it sure as hell beats the 47.6 points per game we gave up last year.

The only problem I have is that he disses the offense without crediting the defense. Our defense gave up what? 47.6 points per game last year?? This year's team has given up 31.3 if you include the points scored by Ohio in the OT. But, since Brett wants to make our offense look more pitiful by leaving out our OT points, then it's only fair we do the same for the points our defense gave up in OT - in which case, would mean that the defense has only given up 27.6 points per game in regulation time. Now, that's not a great defense by any stretch of the imagination, but it sure as hell beats the 47.6 points per game we gave up last year.

My math seems to show our defense only giving up 25.3 points a game. Also didn't SMU beat UAB as well so who cares if Troy beat them.

Not a bad article, but get the feeling Dodge must have pissed in Vito's Wheaties since it was so negative on everything.

Vito loaths UNT. He is an embeded reporter born and raised in Antioch, Alabama (a couple minutes down the road from Troy Alabama) don't be surprised by

his negative slant towards UNT. I on to you Vito, Italian name from a guy born and raised in Alabama! hah!

Vito loaths UNT. He is an embeded reporter born and raised in Antioch, Alabama (a couple minutes down the road from Troy Alabama) don't be surprised by

his negative slant towards UNT. I on to you Vito, Italian name from a guy born and raised in Alabama! hah!

Yes, you're onto him. He loaths UNT. But he spellths pretty well.