The Real Season Begins Saturday

MeanGreen61

This is exactly what I was trying to say in my post yesterday. But you know what? There are like 3 or 4 loud mouths that are making it seem like a fan uproar. Message boards can make a message from a few people seem like an entire fan base complaining. I think that 98% of the Mean Green Nation is behind Dodge's plan for Bama and ready for the MUTS.

This is exactly what I was trying to say in my post yesterday. But you know what? There are like 3 or 4 loud mouths that are making it seem like a fan uproar. Message boards can make a message from a few people seem like an entire fan base complaining. I think that 98% of the Mean Green Nation is behind Dodge's plan for Bama and ready for the MUTS.

Exactly right. No injuries in AL., now on to the real season.

GMG!!!

I believe that the game this Saturday is one of the most important games of the entire season. If we win we will be 2-2 in the month of September with the realization that it could easily have been 3-1. Our only loss will be to one of the best teams in the country. We will be 1-0 in conference play and will go into an Open week with good feelings about how the season is going. The trip to Lafayette will be one we look forward to so we can continue to show folks how good this season will be. If we lose we will be 1-3 for September with a very different feeling. We will be 0-1 in conference play and the trip to Lafayette after the Open week will be one we won't look forward to nearly as much. At that point the opening week win over Ball State will look smaller and smaller in the rear view mirror. We REALLY need to win this one, guys because I think it will set a tone for the rest of the season.

MTSU will really gives us an idea of where we are at with this program. I don't think we know yet. The Ball St. win is looking worse and worse for us, Ohio is still an unknown commodity, and Bama was what everyone should have expected.

MTSU has two solid wins and will probably be a 10 to 14 point favorite when the lines gets posted. A loss is not the end of the world. A non-competitive loss is a serious sign of major problems for the rest of the year. Hopefully, the defense can rebound and play the way they did against Ohio and Ball St. I would not be surprised to see us win this game, but, then again, I wouldn't be surprised if we lost by 28.

fans that think they know what 98% of the other fans think is 98% of the problem. pretending there is no a problem is part of the problem.

I was fine with the game plan for Bama. We didn't come out injured, and we at least didn't get shut out. In the future, I would like to be more competitive in these games. But considering the past few seasons, I am good with the plan.

I believe that the game this Saturday is one of the most important games of the entire season. If we win we will be 2-2 in the month of September with the realization that it could easily have been 3-1. Our only loss will be to one of the best teams in the country. We will be 1-0 in conference play and will go into an Open week with good feelings about how the season is going. The trip to Lafayette will be one we look forward to so we can continue to show folks how good this season will be. If we lose we will be 1-3 for September with a very different feeling. We will be 0-1 in conference play and the trip to Lafayette after the Open week will be one we won't look forward to nearly as much. At that point the opening week win over Ball State will look smaller and smaller in the rear view mirror. We REALLY need to win this one, guys because I think it will set a tone for the rest of the season.

Couldn't agree more...

fans that think they know what 98% of the other fans think is 98% of the problem. pretending there is no a problem is part of the problem.

Always searching for the negative and picking out the bad in everything is a personal problem. Shouting it from every corner of the message board to build support since you don't like Dodge, RV, etc... is tiresome and a problem for all.

I keep having the exact same feelings....regardless if we're more competitive or not, which we absolutely are, we still have to win games when we have a chance...Some of that can be written off as part of the learning how to win category, but this team should have learned enormous lessons from Ohio and start to correct some of those win killing mistakes we saw in games 1 & 2...

I'll be there, standing the whole time on the Alumni Side...Ready for the first conference win in several years...