Ok

TheColonyEagle

Ready for the rest of the season. Looks like we got out of there healthy.

Every game the rest of the year is winnable. I'm looking forward to good weather and hopefully a good crowd next Saturday.

Go Mean Green.

x2

I didn't see any injuries and hopefully those who missed today will be ready to go vs Middle.

I was really worried about Tune. If he got hurt would TD burned Thompson's redshirt?

Ready for the rest of the season. Looks like we got out of there healthy.

Every game the rest of the year is winnable. I'm looking forward to good weather and hopefully a good crowd next Saturday.

Go Mean Green.

There was no tv coverage for the game out here, so I'm having to go on stats and what I heard on the radio. Are these positives the team can take from this loss?:

It looks like we had no turnovers. Pretty impressive overall.

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT

Nathan Tune 16/23 126 5.5 1 0

Was Nate a world-beater today? No. But that's a good completion percentage for a first start, no ints, etc. Considering the competition, is it safe to say that we have a backup qb who is starter quality?

Penalties: 3-27.

Again, not world-beater status, but that seems like an improvement in discipline, especially consdering the frustration the players must have felt. Sounds like they kept their emotions in check and stuck to what they were coached to do.

Not saying there are not aspects of the game to critique, but those stats jumped out at me. Anyone who actually saw the game should feel free to correct me or add their perspective.

There was no tv coverage for the game out here, so I'm having to go on stats and what I heard on the radio. Are these positives the team can take from this loss?:

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT

Was Nate a world-beater today? No. But that's a good completion percentage for a first start, no ints, etc. Considering the competition, is it safe to say that we have a backup qb who is starter quality?

Again, not world-beater status, but that seems like an improvement in discipline, especially consdering the frustration the players must have felt. Sounds like they kept their emotions in check and stuck to what they were coached to do.

Not saying there are not aspects of the game to critique, but those stats jumped out at me. Anyone who actually saw the game should feel free to correct me or add their perspective.

Other than the 79 missed tackles I thought this team played very sound , smart football. People may critize play calling , but there is only so much you can do when everyone on the other side of the ball is bigger , faster and stronger. If we played like we did today we will win a few games in the Belt.

Other than the 79 missed tackles I thought this team played very sound , smart football. People may critize play calling , but there is only so much you can do when everyone on the other side of the ball is bigger , faster and stronger. If we played like we did today we will win a few games in the Belt.

No kidding! What the hell was that all about. Shoulda seen me yelling at my t.v. lol

The defense played awful, of course the offense didn't help by keeping them on the field most of the game. The offense was just as bad, with very conservative play calling: I assume to shorten the game. Running up the middle on Alabama is something I doubt any team in the NCAA can do. Oh yes, the special teams on kickoffs and punts coverages were awful.

I thought that Tune actually didn't play bad and the offensive line although overpowered on run plays, actually did fairly well on pass blocking. Good returns by Smith and Dunbar and Carey make some great catches. Hamilton actually looked good late aganst the reserves. I am sure someone on the defense had a decent game, but I didn't see it. Our punter did a good job but I am sure his average suffered as he started punting out of bounds in the last half as our coverage could not contain.

I though I saw White in at defensive tackle. I hope NT didn't waste his redshirt because of this game.

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT

Atterberry was the only positivie I could consistently see.

Tune is not starter quality for this offense but he would be for Dickey's.

No kidding! What the hell was that all about. Shoulda seen me yelling at my t.v. lol

I watched the game and was impressed with Alabama's lower body strength.

Arenas looks like he has 400 horsepower running through his limbs.

We could have been better about wrapping up, but you just can't read into this Alabama game too much. Don't get too high or too low about anything and just move on.