Are We Even Trying?

meangreenbob

He just said we have Nathan Lane at QB. Now I know why we are playing so sucky. The way we are tackling, we must have a few Nathan Lane's on defense too.

Disappointed that Dodge isn't letting Nathan throw downfield. Our O-Line is getting pushed around pretty easy - their CB's are pressing our WR's - and the defense knows that Nathan is not going to run the ball. Why can't we just try going downfield and see what happens?

Why can they not tackle? When I coached Pee Wees, we told them as a last resort to grab their foot and hold on. Maybe we need to start teaching that here. Geez!

This is all on the coaches. I said this during the spring game and practices that we are a very poor tackling team. I saw drill after drill with players heads being on the wrong side of the ballcarrier and not once was anyone corrected.

Edited by NT03

Never said it was the kids.

Furthermore, after following UNT Football for 39 years I have earned the right to ask that question!

Yeah , im sure you were just talking about the coaches :rolleyes:

If you really feel that way then by all means go to campus on monday and let all the kids know what losers they are and that they didn't try their best against those pissants from Bama. If they give you any backtalk , just tell to shut up because you have earned your right to say that to them

Yeah , im sure you were just talking about the coaches :rolleyes:

If you really feel that way then by all means go to campus on monday and let all the kids know what losers they are and that they didn't try their best against those pissants from Bama. If they give you any backtalk , just tell to shut up because you have earned your right to say that to them

No one will convince me that we even tried to win that game. This was no more than Dickey Ball and I thought I heard RV say at the 2007 Kickoff/Cookout that we would never again go into a game with the fundraiser attitude but that we would always play to win. The only gameplan we had was to get the check and get home.

No one will convince me that we even tried to win that game. This was no more than Dickey Ball and I thought I heard RV say at the 2007 Kickoff/Cookout that we would never again go into a game with the fundraiser attitude but that we would always play to win. The only gameplan we had was to get the check and get home.

I like your attitude , I really do. I want to feel the exact same way and I thought it would already be here by year 3 , but things do take time. No , your right we didn't play to win this game , but we did play smart football and left with no injuries. Our boys were just overmatched by better talent.

Like you I set expecatations high. I want us to be on the same level of say a Boise or TCU. There is no reason we can't become like these 2 non big 6 schools. No matter who they play or where they play their team and fans can go into a game with the mentality that they can win.

The way I saw things....

Having watched UNT for over 30 years this is perhaps the worse tackling I have ever seen.....because there was very little of it by us

N Tune did a great job as QB....he has a strong arm , should have thrown more passes of at least 10 yrds each

What the hell is wong with TD....his play calling leaves many questions...especially with the passing game and tune in as QB...passes (screens, etc) way to short when playing Bama

Off line I thought did pretty well against Bama....tune had time to pass, but no so many holes for RB's.....but their line is just that much better

Def line.....looked bad folks, that is, against Bama

Def backs- too much space given....too many passes completed...even their QB commented on this after the game

Punter----great job

special teams did OK as well

play calling -- not so good

RESULT

tackling gets a D

play calling gets c_

Def line gets c-

Off line gets B

Tune gets A

Tune to Dunbar touchdown play gets A+

UNT bank account gets A+

The way I saw things....

Having watched UNT for over 30 years this is perhaps the worse tackling I have ever seen.....because there was very little of it by us

N Tune did a great job as QB....he has a strong arm , should have thrown more passes of at least 10 yrds each

What the hell is wong with TD....his play calling leaves many questions...especially with the passing game and tune in as QB...passes (screens, etc) way to short when playing Bama

Off line I thought did pretty well against Bama....tune had time to pass, but no so many holes for RB's.....but their line is just that much better

Def line.....looked bad folks, that is, against Bama

Def backs- too much space given....too many passes completed...even their QB commented on this after the game

Punter----great job

special teams did OK as well

play calling -- not so good

RESULT

tackling gets a D

play calling gets c_

Def line gets c-

Off line gets B

Tune gets A

Tune to Dunbar touchdown play gets A+ UNT bank account gets A+

why should this get an a+...it was just another dump off?