I Am So Sick And Tired

TheColonyEagle

Yeah, I do wish that for our money games we would play more of the Arizona State's, Colorado's, Iowa State's, Kansas State's, A&M's, Missouri's etc. of the world, but hopefully we will be able to pull off one of these "Top Tier" games in a couple of years. I don't mind playing UT/OU every once in awhile, but we really should steer clear of the SEC for now unless we want to go to Vanderbilt or maybe Arkansas again because of proximity. I was looking forward to this, so my Saturday is going to be pretty much a bummer. About the only bright spots I see so far today are Atterberry, Darius Carey, and Nwigwe. At least Tune isn't making too many mistakes. Most of the guys on this defense still cannot tackle the big boys.

Yes, no more Alabama or LSU for a decade or so sounds good to me. The SEC is just too fast, big, and strong for us at this point. Too bad we aren't playing the Aggies for our big money game now while they are relatively weak. These guys are too fast and getting too much penetration for us to not have Tune under center on more running plays. We need quick hitters for Montgomery/Dunbar to have a chance. The Bama defense is already in the backfield by the time they start moving. But I guess TD has still not figured that one out yet.

I am pretty impressed with Atterbury and Carey. I know that Tune was capable against Ohio. It's just unfortunate that the first start of his career has to be this game, and I hope he doesn't get down about it. The rest of the team too for that matter. I am excited to see our WR transfers next year play with Carey. Impressed with the ability of Cam and Lance to stay upright and on their feet with many Bama tacklers. Against the rest of the competition we've faced and will face they have and will be able to push piles and drag tacklers by themselves. It's like running into a wall against Bama.

I'm not impressed with the O-line, although with the size difference I can understand. Not impressed with the play calling of particularly the run plays outside the tackles... This is a fast bama team, not going to work. I'm not impressed with tackling. These guys aren't going to fall down when you throw yourself on the ground a foot away.

It's obvious there are a few of our guys that can match up and accomplish things against this type of competition, but there just aren't enough.

I think if Riley was playing it might be slightly different. He's a game changer. Tune looks like a scared little kid.

Well when your 6 can't block their 4 and your receivers look like they're running in mud, it's a little tough...

If Riley's the fastest or 2nd fastest player on offense, there are probably 7 players on defense faster than him.

our OLine is getting thoroughly dominated.....

Riley wouldn't make any difference in this game.

I am starting to be convinced that the negative of these games outweighs the $$.

Yes, no more Alabama or LSU for a decade or so sounds good to me. The SEC is just too fast, big, and strong for us at this point...

Couldn't agree more. I have two choices for paying to go to college, take out loans and work, or whore myself out on Harry Hines. You know why I choose the first one, self respect. It's embarrassing to hear over and over again about the 2007 OU-UNT game. 79-10 is not a score either team should be proud of no matte how much money is involved.

If UNT played only mid-majors and FCS teams for the OOC games, I don't think anyone would mind hearing the words "...the Mean Green win 35-24 and send the Bobcats packing home San Marcos..." A win is a win and if UNT wants to start playing with the big boys, they should start thinking like them. UNT is not going to be ranked while in the Sun Belt Conference. UNT doesn't need to worry about these OOC games and the money but instead their reputations.

UNT is not going to be ranked while in the Sun Belt Conference.

I wouldn't say that, I just think we need to schedule smarter. Instead of UT-Austin, LSU, Alabama, Oklahoma, Arkansas etc, we need to schedule Kansas State, Ole Miss, Colorado, Iowa State, Illinois, etc. Schedule AQ teams that we stand a chance in beating.

I wouldn't say that, I just think we need to schedule smarter. Instead of UT-Austin, LSU, Alabama, Oklahoma, Arkansas etc, we need to schedule Kansas State, Ole Miss, Colorado, Iowa State, Illinois, etc. Schedule AQ teams that we stand a chance in beating.

I wouldn't schedule Ole Miss any time soon. About the only SEC team I think of scheduling is Vandy, and they're no push over either.

Only problem is that it takes two parties to complete a contract. Why assume that we can schedule Mizzou or K-State or Illinois. Lots of politics involved.

Because they have to schedule somebody. Cajuns brought Kansas State into their stadium, Troy brought Mizzou into theirs, we hosted Baylor, so on and so forth.

If UNT went undefeated in conference play this year and instead of bama UNT played SMU, the Strength of Schedule rating would hurt.

If UNT went undefeated in conference play this year and instead of bama UNT played SMU, the Strength of Schedule rating would hurt.

Strength of schedule plays into what? Our shot at the MNC? I'd rather play a bunch of weaker teams, see us win, get bowl eligible, play in a bowl game, win that game, and move on to the next season.

How predictable, an expected blow out loss to the number 4 team and a chorus of no more money games from many of the fan base. No matter, that NT is only playing one guaranteed game this year and every team in the Belt plays one or more of these games. It is a fact of life for underfunded lower tier football programs. I don't think you would care as much, if NT would actually be competitive in the game as NT has been in the past and many other lower tier teams are able to do. By competitive, I don't necessarily mean close to winning but to at least not let the other team score on the vast majority of their possessions and have something close to an offense.

The only more predictable response to these games is the ever popular take your money and avoid injury refrain. As it appears now, those fans expressing that wish should be satisfied.

Edited by GrandGreen

Strength of schedule plays into what? Our shot at the MNC? I'd rather play a bunch of weaker teams, see us win, get bowl eligible, play in a bowl game, win that game, and move on to the next season.

Nice to see you hanging around Coach Dickey. Good idea. More of the same. We are just lucky to be on the same field as these guys. Let's get pounded and win the conference that the rest of tha nation laughs at. You guys drive me nuts with your "we don't get respect" crap and then aren't willing to play the caliber teams you can get respect by beating. Would you have rather played Boise State or Oregon? BYU or Oklahoma? Houston or Oklahoma State?

Point blank any of these teams would have pounded us today because we played scared plain and simple. Tobe tried to lay some wood in the first half but just went through the motions in the second half; the only player I saw trying to hit someone in the second half was Darrien Williams. We were missing tackles because we were afraid to hit anyone straight up and were too busy picking their players of the ground and whispering pretty things in their ear. I don't care if you're the biggest guy in the NCAA or the smallest, you have to have intensity as has been said "this ain't intermurals".

You guys were ready to crown this team for barely getting by a piss poor MAC team that lost their #1 weapon and has been beating by an FCS team since. We lost to another sorry MAC team at home. It is a good thing we didn't schedule a money game with that powerhouse Buffalo. Turner Gill would take our team to the woodshed.

I'm sick of the "Green KoolAid". Until this team can win consecutive games while creating turnovers and sacks without leaving points on the board, they are no better than last year's team. You can say our defense is so much better but until we can stand up to some decent competition and prove it, I'm saying we're just as bad. Thank the Lord for Atterberry is all I can say positive at this point.

Be weary of the MUTS, they may just take us to school. I'm thinking like 42-10. Mark it down. I hope someone involved with the team reads this and gets pissed off enough to hit someone in the mouth, otherwise it will be another painfully long season.