Anyone Going To The Alabama Game?

pvilleguru

She traveled from Florida to California to take on Harvey Milk in the 70's. Rent the movie "Milk" and they have a fairly good portayal of the history. I don't want to get political in the football forum - but it shocks me that Bama has a part of their stadium named after her (or anything for that matter). She is a controversial woman - well, she was.

Anita Bryant had some issues, but I'm just not clear that she ever took away anyone's rights. She opposed certain practices, and she was definitely right in that.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JohnDenver

Anita Bryant had some issues, but I'm just not clear that she ever took away anyone's rights. She opposed certain practices, and she was definitely right in that.

Ugh. Let's keep religion and politics out of this thread.

Tasty - I'm wondering if it's anything like the Galaxy Inn Hostel which is just a few blocks from my apartment. Before that establishment was shut down(condemned??) there were all manner of freaks going in and out of that place. To say the outside looked scuzzy would be a compliment.

(Nonetheless this thread has been seriously awesome with all the stories - thanks for the laughs guys)

Best of luck dude!

I'm just concerned about THIS Motel 6.

I'm thinking it's half-full of Katrina "refugees". <_< Yes, 4 years later. My wife & I stayed at a LaQuinta in Jackson, MS on our way home from our vacation this summer which was half-full of them. We chose the motel because it was the first one we would reach from the north, and didn't even think why it was $20/night less than all of the other LaQuintas in Jackson. When we got there, we found a full-time security guard patrolling the property, an interactive Audio/Video surveillance system for the lobby, and regular drive-throughs by the Jackson police. How did we know the "residents" were "refugees"? It wasn't hard to figure out, New Orleans is less than 100 miles away. But the clincher was the box of expired food and unused diapers in a box marked "FDA" sitting next to a trash can.

It actually wasn't threatening, but the place was pretty run down, like LaQuinta would have otherwise closed it if it wasn't for the government money.

Anyone ever have the guts to stay at "The Pines" motel in Lewisville??? I can't believe it's still standing. It looked bad when I first arrived in Texas 30 years ago. Even Wikipedia's Lewisville entry says You can even buy yourself a hooker at the Pines Motel on the corner of Business 121 and I-35E. :o

This is possibly the greatest +1 comment I've ever seen. A slow clap would be inappropriate; this deserves a round of thundering applause.

And for greenminer- you'll know I'm home safe on Sunday because I'll probably post here and I'll definitely write up the trip for TakeAKnee. I even held back some terrible lodging stories in case this place sucks as hard as I think it will.

Thanks. I'm here all week. Tip those bartenders and waitresses.

You left a drool stain on my shoulder. It was a full on spoon. When I awoke, I didn't like the look in your eye. :shifty:

Please remember that the football board is for football discussion. Football should be talked about, and other things you probably shouldn't bring up. Talking about football is okay, but talking about things that aren't football, or talking about football things in a non-football way, means that they aren't football, and should be discussed on the non-football board.

/johnmadden

Srsly, though. I wonder how many other D-1 programs have to carefully prune homo-erotic comments and go out of their way to emphasize that they aren't appropriate on a football board. Such comments should be moderated. Persistent use of such comments after warning should result in bans.

Please remember that the football board is for football discussion. Football should be talked about, and other things you probably shouldn't bring up. Talking about football is okay, but talking about things that aren't football, or talking about football things in a non-football way, means that they aren't football, and should be discussed on the non-football board.

/johnmadden

Srsly, though. I wonder how many other D-1 programs have to carefully prune homo-erotic comments and go out of their way to emphasize that they aren't appropriate on a football board. Such comments should be moderated. Persistent use of such comments after warning should result in bans.

It was one a MEAN GREEN FOOTBALL ROADTRIP... duh.

So you have no frame of reference here, Donny. You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know...

It was one a MEAN GREEN FOOTBALL ROADTRIP... duh.

So you have no frame of reference here, Donny. You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know...

Don't people understand that when we allow topics with homoerotic undertones to be discussed it degrades and cheapens the discussion of all legitimate(non homosexual) topics? It's not what the founding fathers envisioned.

Edited by Green P1