Tune Article

Marty

With the exception of the pick...Tune did an alright job.....The problem was Outlaw.....He has one ball go right off his face mask, and another dropped to win the game!!

Outlaw better turn it around....we're playing way to good to lose games off of little things.

interesting game from the QB point of view. i know Riley is supposed to be back for the opener, but if he is not ready how much do you play Tune? Alabama will be breathing fire the first 30 minutes of this game and not out of the realm that Tune could get banged up.... could be very interesting....................going into the Belt opener

With the exception of the pick...Tune did an alright job.....The problem was Outlaw.....He has one ball go right off his face mask, and another dropped to win the game!!

Outlaw better turn it around....we're playing way to good to lose games off of little things.

On the first pass, Outlaw was screened by the defender until right before the ball got there, would have been a very touch catch.

On the second, it was a drop. Drops happen, it was just a tough time for it to happen.

Outlaw has plenty of time to redeem himself.

interesting game from the QB point of view. i know Riley is supposed to be back for the opener, but if he is not ready how much do you play Tune? Alabama will be breathing fire the first 30 minutes of this game and not out of the realm that Tune could get banged up.... could be very interesting....................going into the Belt opener

Good post - I too wondered about what they would do if Tune did get nicked up against Bama...personally I would hat to see them put Glen Rose in the game. He 's going to be a good one but he needs to redshirt this year so my guess is that they would probably play Baine.

Good post - I too wondered about what they would do if Tune did get nicked up against Bama...personally I would hat to see them put Glen Rose in the game. He 's going to be a good one but he needs to redshirt this year so my guess is that they would probably play Baine.

Vito Blog, Sept. 14th sez...........Baine will be the backup, then Thompson who wouldnt't be used unless it was an emergency because they want to red-shirt him.

Edited by MeanGreen61

Watch the SEC online network: www.secdishnetwork.com I believe? It's free, and you can watch good video quality of any SEC game replay.

Take a look at FIU's first series against them. Their mammoth DT, Terrence Cody, seems to make it a point to keep his tackles underneath his body on the way down; as if to purposefully bury them under all 365 lbs of his weight.

As a NT coach, I am fearing for my QB's life.

Vito Blog, Sept. 14th sez...........Baine will be the backup, then Thompson who wouldnt't be used unless it was an emergency because they want to red-shirt him.

If for some reason Bama eats Tune and Baine then keep the shirt on Thompson and just put in Hamilton at QB.

Hamilton is out with a back injury. I won't risk him for next year. Next year could be our best chance for a run at the pennant.

I would rather put Darius Carey (#19) in at "emergency QB". Here are his stats from his senior year.

Played quarterback in high school but was recruited by the Mean Green as a wide receiver/defensive back … Compiled 2,513 yards and 35 touchdowns in nine regular season games as a senior … Completed 120-of-177 passes for 1,520 yards and 24 touchdowns in 2008 … Was the metro’s leading rusher among quarterbacks with 993 yards on 110 carries and 11 touchdowns

I would rather put Darius Carey (#19) in at "emergency QB". Here are his stats from his senior year.

Played quarterback in high school but was recruited by the Mean Green as a wide receiver/defensive back … Compiled 2,513 yards and 35 touchdowns in nine regular season games as a senior … Completed 120-of-177 passes for 1,520 yards and 24 touchdowns in 2008 … Was the metro’s leading rusher among quarterbacks with 993 yards on 110 carries and 11 touchdowns

Wow! Can you imagine the speed in our backfield if we can get Carey back there with Riley?

Doesn't that give us some options for some kind of variation of the Wildcat?

If nothing else, that zone read that Riley was killing Ball State with (until the 2nd half) could be used with Carey; or simply running some kind of option with Dunbar, Mathis, and Cam.