Anyone Else Notice?

KRAM1

Hey, just wondering if anyone else noticed the 60% increase in the cost of the pre-game meal on the Deck????? Went from $5 last year to $8 this year. A 60% increase is "interesting" in my opinion. Not that it isn't still a good deal and plenty fun before a game, but I did notice some folks decided not to buy the food and just enjoy a beer or two and the great company of other members of the Mean Green Nation. Maybe the price increase goes along with the info SUMG gave us on the cost of the "official" UNT tailgate area tents in the area where the March-In takes place.

I wonder if the same cost increase will be in place for the basketball games this year?

Seems everything is going up except my income. I guess we need to pay for that new stadium. If I thought the extra 60% went to the stadium I wouldn't give it a second thought. Anyway, it's still a good deal, the food is good and the company is even better. See you on the Deck!

GO MEAN GREEN!

Hey, just wondering if anyone else noticed the 60% increase in the cost of the pre-game meal on the Deck????? Went from $5 last year to $8 this year. A 60% increase is "interesting" in my opinion. Not that it isn't still a good deal and plenty fun before a game, but I did notice some folks decided not to buy the food and just enjoy a beer or two and the great company of other members of the Mean Green Nation. Maybe the price increase goes along with the info SUMG gave us on the cost of the "official" UNT tailgate area tents in the area where the March-In takes place.

I wonder if the same cost increase will be in place for the basketball games this year?

Seems everything is going up except my income. I guess we need to pay for that new stadium. If I thought the extra 60% went to the stadium I wouldn't give it a second thought. Anyway, it's still a good deal, the food is good and the company is even better. See you on the Deck!

GO MEAN GREEN!

C'mon dude. That was freaking Metzler's! Five bucks would be selling that stuff at a loss. I know I haven't been around all that long, but how long has that five dollar price been around? I wouldn't want to cater that joint if I knew that every sale was going to cost me money!

The price of beer, on the other hand, per ounce, actually stayed the same, and they brought Shiner into the mix at domestic prices. Yay them!

GO MEAN GREEN!

We had so much great food at our tailgate, food was the least of my concerns, but I still think $8 is a pretty good price.

C'mon dude. That was freaking Metzler's! Five bucks would be selling that stuff at a loss. I know I haven't been around all that long, but how long has that five dollar price been around? I wouldn't want to cater that joint if I knew that every sale was going to cost me money!

The price of beer, on the other hand, per ounce, actually stayed the same, and they brought Shiner into the mix at domestic prices. Yay them!

Kram is right, on the deck the meal was $8 this year in lieu of the $5 in years past. However wander out into the stadium and Metzlers could be had for $5 there. Kind of annoying that they are sticking the donors with the high price tag. That being said the guys at Metzlers let me load up for $8 and 3 of us ate on the plate.

GO MEAN GREEN!

Interesting replies from some indicating "cheapness" and "it's still a good deal"...did you take the time to actually read my post? I sometimes wonder...I, too, indicated that the new price was still a "good deal", that the food was "good" and the company better. Just wondering where anyone got the idea anyone was trying to be "cheap"? And, it was my opinion that one had to be a donor to the Mean Green Club of a certain level to get into the Deck in the first place. Food being a bit of a "perk" for the donor base. Just noted a 60% increase...and, by the way, the food providers do, at times, "take a loss" on the deal "on purpose" as a donation of sorts to UNT. They can write it off on their taxes as they do other civic donations of food/service, etc. It's a great way for local businesses to help the program, get a tax benefit and get their product in front of folks who might want to do business with them in the future because they support UNT or because the folks enjoyed their product. Advertising as some might say. It does work.

Anyway...in case one reads this far...see you on the Deck.