Riley's Status For The Week

Brett Vito

You can play with a 1/2 to a 1 1/2 degree separation. However, when you get to a 2nd degree you're out a few weeks and a 2 1/2 is probably a 6 weeks while a 3rd degree is surgery. I lost 4 1/2 games my sophmore year to a 2 1/2 degree separation which the doctor gave me a decision to have surgery or let heal (his words - "trade a lump for a scar").

Once you have dislocated or seperated a shoulder, you are prone to reinjure that shoulder. I seperated mine several years ago, and then one or two years later I was sparring with someone, when he helped me up, it popped out and then back into place. That shoulder still is not fully functional (unlike the death star) Its going to be something he just has to deal with.

Smart decision.

I don't think I disagree (though it does lessen considrably my optimism for an upset)...but I do still wonder if Vizza is sitting out this week given the same set of circumstances.

I don't think its an un-meritted thought considering the reaction by Papa Todd last week to the sideline hit Riley took...

I don't think I disagree (though it does lessen considrably my optimism for an upset)...but I do still wonder if Vizza is sitting out this week given the same set of circumstances.

I don't think its an un-meritted thought considering the reaction by Papa Todd last week to the sideline hit Riley took...

Coach Dodge's reaction was because Riley rolled the wrong way on the play. Riley was supposed to roll to the other side, and if he had, he would have seen the tight end (did I really just say that!!) wide open in the end zone. That was the point of Coach Dodge's little speech with young Riley.

God I hope just Bama...nothing against Nate, but I'm gonna be pissed if I flew 1500 miles for a back-up quarterback.

Some folks said the same when the travelled to Texas Stadium to see Roger Staubach lead the Cowboys in the 1970's only to have watch some spare named Clint Longley. You never know, lightening could strike twice.

Some folks said the same when the travelled to Texas Stadium to see Roger Staubach lead the Cowboys in the 1970's only to have watch some spare named Clint Longley. You never know, lightening could strike twice.

I have plenty of confidence in Nate leading us to a W over MTSU...but I have a man-crush on a certain 19 year old and this will probably be my only chance of the year to see him play in person.

I have plenty of confidence in Nate leading us to a W over MTSU...but I have a man-crush on a certain 19 year old and this will probably be my only chance of the year to see him play in person.

Look on the bright side. He'll probably be standing on the sideline, so you can get an eyefull all game long.

This little game you've started is something I've been waiting for since the day Vizza quit. The answer: Like anyone can even know that.

Here is where it happened:

rdodgeinjury1.jpg

And Riley's reaction 2 seconds later:

rdodgeinjury.jpg

I think he knew immediately.

Just to give credit, the images are from the video of the Mean Green Insider.

Wow that looked bad from the stands, I sure he knew with his hand on his collar.